reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I just noticed another mirror site of DCT here:

Site Removed

Has links to a shop I've never heard of too - Secrool?

Last edited by a moderator:
How on earth did they copy entire forum :O
Perhaps admin can file a DMCA?

I just noticed another mirror site of DCT here:

Has links to a shop I've never heard of too - Secrool?
I came across that a few hours ago when googling something, didn't open the link at the time but noticed it looked like it had mirrored some content, looks like there might be more to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm guessing URL rewriting for that one maybe?

Total SCUMBAGS...Pirating someones site and borrowing their good reputation just to drive internet traffic to your own site...they are not worth mentioning here and certainly not worth doing business with.....

That site seems to be down now. There is another site doing something similar as well for the main site while I think the link above was just for the forum.

The people who are doing this have copied the site and are hosting it here:

Site Removed

I filed a DCMA complaint but not sure much can be done.

Last edited:
I've seen this sort of thing before. Sometimes its a click farm and other times it becomes a tool for malware distribution, so be careful what you click on. .CO is Columbia BTW for anyone who doesn't already know that.
I would like to suggest that the full URL of the offending site be removed from the title of this thread for safe measure. No reason to broadcast it further to web crawlers and search bots.

I've edited the URLs so there are no backlinks. Thanks for that tip.

You need to prevent non google servers from being able to index/rip the whole site. My business partner Brian provides
"Network Security Assessment & Consulting Services"
If you want some advice on how to lock things down better to prevent this from happening, please contact me and we are happy to help.

I've edited the URLs so there are no backlinks. Thanks for that tip.

Thanks DCM. Unfortunately, just removing the http:// and leaving www, even without the .com won't accomplish much to help us here as far as bots and crawlers are concerned as they'll still catch the name of the domain. In fact, I would like to recommend removing the entire name of the offending web site from this thread. Perhaps replace the current title with something more ambiguous such as "Bogus DashCamTalk Forum mirror site" and then maybe take further steps along the lines @Pier28 is recommending.

Last edited:
Glad to see you changed the title DCM. It just occurred to me that having search engines crawling this thread and coming across,"Bogus DashCamTalk Forum mirror site" may actually be a good phrase to have out there on the search engines considering the circumstances.

Last edited:
It's probably not mirrored the site but will be requesting pages and doing rewrites on the fly.

Maybe requesting some obscure links in that site and then blocking that IP or even IP range would nip it in the bud instantly?

It's probably not mirrored the site but will be requesting pages and doing rewrites on the fly.

Maybe requesting some obscure links in that site and then blocking that IP or even IP range would nip it in the bud instantly?
Or redirect the IP addresses to a different website, eg which contains lots of adverts and links for the real DCT.

Not sure if this will help, but when I was involved with a forum a few years ago, the 'project honeypot' certainly caused a lot of grief to unwanted visitors, more info can be found at https://www.projecthoneypot.org/

I recollect there was an add-on for the vbulletin forum software at www.vbulletin.org

I appreciate you are not using vbulletin software, but think this might help you in preventing spammers and and other undesirables from ever visiting this site.

I wonder if thats the reason i have not been able to get on DCT using firefox or explorer, like once before i can only get on here using epic browser now :confused:

Back