Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
<Thanks to @Squeaky Lobster 's reminding in this post>

If you are using the 0906 beta samples (released on May.2017) with old firmware (up to 20170619 version), you will have problem to upload to the latest firmware.

SYMPTOM:
"FIRMWARE.bin file on the SD-Card and power on camera, the blue light just lights up blue and screen stays dark. When I remove the SD-Card, the cam boots fine."

REASON:
the later firmware require a larger firmware storage space in SPI chip, which is set by BOOTLOADER

SOLUTION:
download the 0906 BootLoader and flash it (need only 1 second), then flash the new firmware you want.

UPGRADE PROCEDURE:
<thanks to @BRex 's post>
If you camera firmware version is FIRMWARE_20170619 or earlier, please upgrade the loader LD96663A.bin first
If you have already installed the FIRMWARE_20170724 or later, it is not necessary to upgrade the loader, so ignore steps from 1 to 5.

1.)
Format your MicroSD card by camera or by computer as FAT32
2.)
Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable, or use a microSD card reader to adapt to computer
3.)
To upgrade the boot loader, copy just the LD96663A.bin on the root of the card
4.)
power the camera and wait few seconds.
5.)
Delete LD96663A.bin from the card using your PC.
6.)
Copy the new FIRMWARE.bin. file to the root of the MicroSD card.
7.)
Re-power the camera and wait several seconds (cca 20sec) until the camera boot on automatically.

Notes:
The new Firmware.bin will be automatically deleted from the MicroSD card after the upgrade completed.
During the proper upgrade the Blue LED will blink fast. After, the Blue LED will be steady and the Red LED will light up also.

<Thanks to @Squeaky Lobster 's reminding in this post>

If you are using the 0906 beta samples (released on May.2017) with old firmware (up to 20170619 version), you will have problem to upload to the latest firmware.

SYMPTOM:
"FIRMWARE.bin file on the SD-Card and power on camera, the blue light just lights up blue and screen stays dark. When I remove the SD-Card, the cam boots fine."

REASON:
the later firmware require a larger firmware storage space in SPI chip, which is set by BOOTLOADER

SOLUTION:
download the 0906 BootLoader and flash it (need only 1 second), then flash the new firmware you want.

UPGRADE PROCEDURE:
<thanks to @BRex 's post>
If you camera firmware version is FIRMWARE_20170619 or earlier, please upgrade the loader LD96663A.bin first
If you have already installed the FIRMWARE_20170724 or later, it is not necessary to upgrade the loader, so ignore steps from 1 to 5.

1.)
Format your MicroSD card by camera or by computer as FAT32
2.)
Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable, or use a microSD card reader to adapt to computer
3.)
To upgrade the boot loader, copy just the LD96663A.bin on the root of the card
4.)
power the camera and wait few seconds.
5.)
Delete LD96663A.bin from the card using your PC.
6.)
Copy the new FIRMWARE.bin. file to the root of the MicroSD card.
7.)
Re-power the camera and wait several seconds (cca 20sec) until the camera boot on automatically.

Notes:
The new Firmware.bin will be automatically deleted from the MicroSD card after the upgrade completed.
During the proper upgrade the Blue LED will blink fast. After, the Blue LED will be steady and the Red LED will light up also.
Good day.

Can you help me please
I installed firmware from a German vendor in mini0906_4k, I know it's at my own risk, but it was the most current and I really didn't expect any trouble.
It happened that after the new firmware https://www.itracker-dashcam.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/ITRACKER_906-4K-FW-20210306_aktuell.zip
the camera does not respond to the FIRMWARE.bin file in the root directory to return to the original firmware.
My camera lost WiFi and I'm so sorry.

Thank you for helping to return to all functions.
Have a nice day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N mini0906 17
S mini0906 4
M mini0906 1
N mini0906 9
Back