Bought a G1W, Where to go from here?

Insane_Dawe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for another dash cam, I currently have a Blueskysea G1W-C is a decent little dash cam but the form factor and horrible night footage makes me want to buy another primary front camera.

Primary features I am looking for
  • Parking protection - I don't "need" pre-buffer but I'd like for it to be able to record parking footage once I have it hardwired
  • Form factor - Anything that is not like the G1Ws clunky style
  • Decent Night Footage - I do a lot of nighttime driving
The stuff I have looked at is the Blackvue 650 but I don't like the low bit rate, the 720p resolution on the rear and the crazy price. The Koolung K1S seems like a good setup but I don't know enough about the parking mode or the night footage. The eCell Focus has also caught my eye but it seems like no one has bought one so I don't know what works and what doesn't. Mini 0806, does parking mode work or does it not???? Street Guardian GC, a little pricy but if parking mode worked somewhat, I'd buy it in an instant.

If it matters, I live in Chicago, Illinois. This winter it was -10-20 deg F and in summer it hits ~92 deg F. US licence plates are tiny so good video quality is needed.

Street Guardian SG9665GC has an instant pause/resume motion detection system you can use for parking mode. You can even set the time out option to record longer than the default per trigger. Night performance is A+ as well. I'll PM you a dashcamtalk member discount code to see if that helps a bit :)
For hard wire, we suggest the CELL POWER CPUSB01.

Do you have any videos of the Street Guardian interface? It's sounding like my next buy.

Back