Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi just wanted to share info about my G1WHT i just received yesterday
no decent microsd card for now, so tested with a spare 2gb card

y0OihLh.jpg

Saved movie file properties
the seller on aliexpress claims its novatec processor inside

i must say i was expecting a litle bit picture quality.

just youtubed

sound quality is awfull! . only low frequencys.. (volume of radio is actually low, but it overpowers the recording
with only low frequence sounds)
picture quality.. ok ish.. expected better. , movie is sometimes skipping frames.(maybe its the videoplayer i dont know)
movie file sizes are very big. a 3 minute loop file is around 350mb

settings are all default
glock off
parkingmode off
loopcycle 3 mins
thats about it

:)

oh yes, the firmware version is

FfiuXOu.jpg

I purchased one for my friend from Amazon which also stated that it was a G1WH with a Novatek processor.
However when i checked the firmware it was the same as above so its not a G1WH but a G1WHT.
The picture quality and the sound is awful compared to the Novatek processors in the original G1WH dash cameras.
I think I will be returning it for a full refund and its not what I paid for or that was advertised on the website.

Well returning is no point to china... (post it would be very expensive)
But my box clearly says g1wht. I knew it before ordering.according to feedback of other buyers it is a novatek inside. Maybe i open it up later on :). Its just the sound thats **ed up

I can return it to Amazon free of charge so no problem there...

I have read that in other posts that its definitely not a Novatek chip but a Generalplus 2159 as shown here on Gearbest website and a few other forums as can be seen below.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3669294/all

The box doesn't state that it has a G1WHT in it anywhere, no stickers or anything, and all the box has on the front is 'Advance Portable Car Dvr'

As you said the sound is terrible compared to my G1WH (and that's not brilliant audio to be fair but its a hell of a lot better than this G1WHT), and the picture also isn't as clear and is a lot darker on evening recordings.

Last edited:
its a shame isnt it, that you dont know what you buy...

Well its advertised on Amazon as a G1WH and not a G1WHT so i've spoken to them online and they are giving me a full refund so cant ask for anything else off them.. Amazon are superb for returns.

Good for you. I send the youtube url to china but they ask me to upload to photobucket. . Didnt know youtube is blocked there

No i didnt know it was was blocked either...

aparantly.. we learned something :) . after 35 attempts to upload to photobucket... it worked
anyway, seller claims the sound is normal.. and they bribed me to paypal me 3 $ ... i said ok, not much else to do anyway

aparantly.. we learned something :) . after 35 attempts to upload to photobucket... it worked
anyway, seller claims the sound is normal.. and they bribed me to paypal me 3 $ ... i said ok, not much else to do anyway

the reason they push hard for a partial refund is it stops you making a PayPal claim afterwards as PayPal considers that an attempt by the seller to resolve the problem

i paid by visa on ali express . i think aliexpress works as an escrow till they have a complete sell together with feedback etc... anyway
in the end of the day.. we are talking about a cheap camera

My G1WHT is powering up and down in a loop
Anybody an idea why?

My G1WHT is powering up and down in a loop
Anybody an idea why?
While I am not completely sure I would try booting it without a card to see if it still boot loops. I had an old DVR-027 act this way when it had an issue with the card I used.
If you still have an issue my other other idea would be to reflash or update the firmware, but I'm not sure if you can on a Generalplus device. I've only worked with Novatek based ones.

Thx for the advice. Its a novatek device.
Allready tried booting without memcard.
But i fixed the problem. I opened it up. Wiggled with the battery and put it back in place. Now it works again.

That makes sense- I was thinking that it was probably due to insufficient power but I didn't comment since it was just a guess ;)

Many G1W-x clones now have the seriously inferior GP chipsets- avoid them and be certain you're getting Novatek :cool:

Phil

Back