Bought a new Marcus 3 with GPS mouse - questions

frostrambler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Picked up a new Marcus 3 with GPS mouse from spytec in NYC yesterday. I have a few questions for other owners here:

1. Is it just me or is the LCD display on the camera not very bright. (I made sure its set to normal not low in settings) When Im driving around in the car it looks very dark on the display. I haven't checked the video yet as I am still at work.

2. The instruction manual said that if you are using your suction cup, that the lock tab should face up, not down. However when I tried this, the camera ends up pointing too high and if I try to point it lower, it would break the clip. I ended up twisting the suction cup ball joint, and now the lock tab points down. Anyone else had issues with this? (I am not using the quick dock, just the regular suction mount.

3. When turning on lane guidance, the camera shows you a horizontal line that you need to aim so that it matches the horizon. However, it makes the horizon somewhere lower than the middle of the screen, thus when I make the line meet the horizon, the camera is pointing up slightly, and not straight ahead. This makes the dashboard about 1/10 to 2/10 of the view angle, and shows a lot of sky. I always thought the dash should be 3/10 to 4/10 view angle, since too much sky makes the camera get too confused and try to compensate for a bright sky by making everything else a lot darker. Anyone have any ideas how to aim the thing?

Back