Bought a PowerNow! dashcam

CD55

Reaction score
Country
United States
My G1W-C has always had a temperamental USB port.
I more often then not have to fiddle with it to get the unit to power up.
Of course it always has a date keeping issue also.
Other then that it has been a solid dashcam.
My wife was watching HSN and said "Hey look at this" and they had the PN! dashcam showing.
I watched for a bit and then decided what the hey, I'll get one.
I've looked but don't see any info on this camera on the forum.
Anyone have any experience with the camera?
Still waiting for delivery.
If anyone is interested I will put a day and night video up.

My wife was watching HSN and said "Hey look at this" and they had the PN! dashcam showing....
HSN is not known for selling the highest quality products - a lot of close-outs and 'bargain basement' deals - stuff that wouldn't sell based on it's merits.

What is the return policy?

Oh, now they have a name? Here they're sold for €40 and no one buys them.

HSN is not known for selling the highest quality products - a lot of close-outs and 'bargain basement' deals - stuff that wouldn't sell based on it's merits.

What is the return policy?

"If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.".

Good to know. ☺

"If any HSN purchase does not meet your expectations, you may return the item within 30 days of the date of receipt for a full refund including the original shipping and handling.".

Good to know. ☺

at least you have that option

Looks a lot like this one on Ebay for $14.89 with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/121720163269
The G1W series has some known issues with the USB connector and a few are simple fixes. Check here for ideas: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1wh-preventative-tweaks-on-a-new-unit.12338/#post-176329
Most common is the socket needing to be tightened by slight bending; next most common is bad soldering. For the money, the G1W series has very good video so others at or below it's price range may disappoint.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
That's camera is everything like it except the logo.
l like my G1W-C, just tired of fiddling with it..
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. ☺

The camera was defective right out of the box. :(
Now well see if that return policy works any better.
I need to step it up and spend a little.
Maybe a Papago GoSafe 520 or something like that would be a good fit.

Back