Bought a SGGCX2 V4(2018) from Amazon but firmware says SG20171103.V3

Well I guess then any camera with a IMX323 is likely going to be a newer version than a similar camera with IMX322.
ie. Amazon has a SG9665GC v3 + 128GB (IMX322) for $185
the new 2018 version SGGCX2 + 128GB (IMX323) lists for $235.

From what I read:
IMX323 is 2.19MP
IMX322 is 2.43MP
There are other differences as well, but I don't know if I can agree to calling it an upgrade...maybe just an update!

"Recommended number of recording pixels", same for both 322 and 323

Full HD1920 (H) × 1080 (V) - Approx. 2.07M pixels

https://dashcamtalk.com/cams/lk-7950-wd/Sony_IMX322.pdf

https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/new_pro/november_2015/imx323lqn_e.html

@jokiin

Sorry, didn't see your post, was looking for the pdf links.

The reason for the cheaper GC models are clearance sale i believe, at least i think that was mentioned in here somewhere.

Funny, normally a yellow bar pops up saying - "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page", didn't happen.

I have Street Guardian SGZC12SGSK - Panorama G (GPS) - is there a firmware update?

I'll have to check and see what the last version was, won't be able to do that until the end of the month when I get back home

In relation to the dashcam model that is the subject of this thread (SGGCX2), there is a new firmware version available. It was sent to me through their support team when I was dealing with an issue a few weeks back. As of now, I'm not sure why, but it is still not posted on their website. Below is the info for anyone interested.

date: 2018-03-23
ver: SG20180323.V4

In relation to the dashcam model that is the subject of this thread (SGGCX2), there is a new firmware version available. It was sent to me through their support team when I was dealing with an issue a few weeks back. As of now, I'm not sure why, but it is still not posted on their website. Below is the info for anyone interested.

We should expect to see new firmware posted in the support section of our website in the near future. Here is the beta firmware thread it’s posted at until then.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-firmware-updates-and-pre-release-access.16310/

SG20180323.V4 is very stable, no problems after a few months of use by many.

As of now, I'm not sure why, but it is still not posted on their website. Below is the info for anyone interested.

haven't had time to do it yet, been away most of last month, will probably be next week before it gets done

I'll have to check and see what the last version was, won't be able to do that until the end of the month when I get back home

Could you check for me?
Firmware 1.02.03

Also, the time in the top right is highlighted in red - does that mean there is an issue with the recording?

Could you check for me?
Firmware 1.02.03

Also, the time in the top right is highlighted in red - does that mean there is an issue with the recording?

I'll have a look at this when I get into the office, that will be in about 2 hours time, I need to power one up to check the version number and don't have one with me now

Back