Bought New A129 Duo with v2.2 Firmware already installed

CaptnEric

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 DUO, Thinkware F770 1CH & 2CH
Hi everyone!

I just got delivered a new A129 Duo I bought off Amazon Australia from Viofo AU, for my son's new car. The firmware already installed on it is v2.2 with a release date of 17th December 2020.

I just checked Viofo's website, so I can update my existing A129, and the latest firmware version for this model is still v2.1 with a release date of 20th March 2021. Why would v2.2 have a date 3 months earlier than v2.1?
Besides that I can't find v2.2 anywhere. There is a thread on here that discusses v2.2 but that's a beta.

Is v2.2 an older version than v2.1? Can someone please explain what is happening here because it beats the hell out of me.

Please note this is for the A129 DUO only and not the Pro or Plus

EDIT: Oops forgot to attach a screenshot

20210507_183354.jpg

Last edited:
The date on the Viofo page is just a webpage update, it does not mean that's when they posted the firmware. V2.2 likely has an insignificant change, so maybe not worth posting on the Viofo site yet.

The date on the Viofo page is just a webpage update, it does not mean that's when they posted the firmware. V2.2 likely has an insignificant change, so maybe not worth posting on the Viofo site yet.
Oh ok...I was actually going by the date that's shown on the firmware version tab in the A129 menu as shown in the screenshot. The build date.

I've received mine with firmware 2.2 as well, but with a different build : 20210908
But the firmware release is still 2.1 on website.

Back