Bracket for rear camera, BMW F30 sedan with tint...

libertarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

I'm interested in the Blackvue DR900S 2 Ch (though after reading through the threads I may wait a bit longer or go with a 750 instead since reliability would be higher on my list than higher video resolution). However, I don't want to glue the rear camera to my ceramic tint in the back. Can anyone recommend a bracket of sorts that would fit into the rubber seal of a BMW 3 series sedan (F30)?

Reactions: RLS
Hi there,

I'm interested in the Blackvue DR900S 2 Ch (though after reading through the threads I may wait a bit longer or go with a 750 instead since reliability would be higher on my list than higher video resolution). However, I don't want to glue the rear camera to my ceramic tint in the back. Can anyone recommend a bracket of sorts that would fit into the rubber seal of a BMW 3 series sedan (F30)?

Hey buddy,

The DR750S is a solid choice over the DR900S at this time; I have 3 sets of 750S installed, and removed my 900S, so it’s just a paperweight now haha. If your weather isn’t too hot regularly, then the 900S would be viable especially if you drive a lot during the day vs night.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand: I would recommend just attaching via the adhesive onto your tint, but leave just a small amount of the backing on the adhesive if you are worried about removing it in the future.

I have tints on all my cars, including Pinnacle, 3M color stable, and 3M crystalline. I have had no problem attaching and removing rear cameras with adhesive directly on the tint. Just be careful when removing it. I recommend removing from bottom to top, when the windshield/temp is warm/hot, or just use a hair dryer and some floss slowly.

I wouldn’t try to attach to the rubber seal IMO. You want a sturdy attachment location, with best visibility and angling. If you really are worried, just put a larger sized strip of residue free clear tape (scotch?) where you will attach the adhesive on the tint, but make sure the clear tape piece is large enough to distribute the weight.

TL;DR: just install it on the tint. Be careful when removing (heat adhesive and use floss slowly). Had no issues with Blackvue rear channel install on F80 with 3M tints all around.

P.s. heat in your car shouldn’t be too much of an issue, esp if you are properly utilizing BMW’s “Parked Car Ventilation” feature. Wish more manufacturers had this lol...

Back