Braintree motorcyclist banned from driving after head-on crash with van

The van driver was not nice, but really you should not do what the biker did after that, and he also found out the hard way it seem.

Serves him bloody right imo, yes the van driver was an ass hole but what's already happened is not going to be put right by trying to speak to a van driver through at closed window at 50mph on a bind left hand curve, it was no doubt this perceived macho gang style culture these idiots try to portray that led to this from the biker, they nearly got the title of the story right it was brainDEAD biker not brainTREE biker

I do hope in the case of the Devon biker clip the car driver he crashed into was ok, maybe better the biker is dead think how much safer the roads are now, though of course my prayers go out to his family for this tragic waste he was old enough to know the score, frankly even if the car driver looked before overtaking slower car all he would see is a bike with hopefully a light on, but didn't realise it was actually a missile travelling at mental speed, I am dumbfounded why bikers do this considering the mental acceleration big bikes have, waiting a few more seconds till car has done his thing is all it takes. Every one likes the odd thrill, take it to the track, not expensive and really safe.

take it to the track

Indeed, but things like track days we dont got here, and the tracks we have, well they are more of go-cart tracks by international measures.
And as a track are noicey and that might bother a bird flying over it on its way to northern Norway, well then the tracks we do have really have a limited time every month they can be used.

Copenhagen just been given the okay for a F1 street race, i think its stupid, build a proper track and race there.

Copenhagen just been given the okay for a F1 street race, i think its stupid, build a proper track and race there.
If you hold it in the city then it is hard to charge an entrance fee, so presumably your government is paying the 40-50 million euros it will probably cost - why? Even Silverstone which is sold out for this weekend can't manage to make a profit from it!

Dont think gooberment would spend a dime on a F1 race, not even some of the billions they make on people gambling taxes on soccer games and the lottery, that's only allowed here as a huge chunk of the money are filtered into sports.
It is solely private people working for this, dont even think the City of Copenhagen will pitch in with anything else than the streets.
Same if a proper race track should be build here, petrol-heads will never get subsidized by tax money.

There are some people working with the idea of building a race track in the place where the tunnel elements for the tunnel to Germany will be made, but this off course necessitate that they first build the damn tunnel.
And still i have little faith in this project too

Copenhagen just been given the okay for a F1 street race
Is it gonna be with model cars, all street is so narrow so the car will drive like pearl on a string. I know when street get wider, there got small island in the middle.

I'm quite lucky as only 10 miles or so from Snetterton race track where I go all the time, when I'm allowed I don't wear the trousers in my house ha ha

Back