Brake light distorting camera, fixes?

AceM

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was looking at some vids from the camera and i noticed when i press the brake light it really ruins the picture, i have an SUV and looked at another mounting point but i think anywhere on the glass i put it will get a view of the brake light

I did try adjusting the angle of the lens and i didnt really notice an improvement

on my little 5 door hatchback i have my camera on the very top of the glass, and a brake light on the outside on the hatch just above the camera, but i don't get any brake light in the footage aside for the one that reflect of things behind me.
What you have i assume are a brake light installed on the inside of the glass, and with a plastic shroud, and the brake light can bleed out under that shroud, so i would seal the bottom of that shroud with some tape or something else to make sure the brake light can not bleed out.

on my little 5 door hatchback i have my camera on the very top of the glass, and a brake light on the outside on the hatch just above the camera, but i don't get any brake light in the footage aside for the one that reflect of things behind me.
What you have i assume are a brake light installed on the inside of the glass, and with a plastic shroud, and the brake light can bleed out under that shroud, so i would seal the bottom of that shroud with some tape or something else to make sure the brake light can not bleed out.
Agreed, and doing so will also improve what you can see with your eyes :)

My high level brake light also leaks some light onto the glass, but not enough to cause a problem, and I actually find it useful since the camera then records when I have the brakes on.

This is the position i have mine and where the light is

For me the light leakage makes the picture not really really visible at all20191007_160152.jpg20191007_160103.jpg20191007_160030.jpg

Took another look and while the light did distort the camera, it actually helped show license plates that were not as clear when the brake light was not pressed
I was going to put a brake light sticker on it which would have the model # lighted but decided not too since the light helps

Distortion shown Screenshot 2019-10-13 22.15.35.png Screenshot 2019-10-13 22.19.48.png

Back