Brand new A129 pro stops recording with red light blinking

John11

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

the dash cam is brand new, latest firmware installed, using san disk high endurance,

Get rid of SanDisk SD card and buy something else. These cards are prone to issues in dashcams.

E.g.: Samsung Pro Endurance

I have had no issues with the SanDisk High Endurance cards. In fact, I feel they have been one of the most reliable cards over the last few years, especially in Viofo cameras. I'm referring to their High Endurance cards only.

Format the card with SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. Format in the camera after SDFormatter.

After you updated the firmware, be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

the dash cam is brand new, latest firmware installed, using san disk high endurance,
Can't tell by the video, how are you powering the camera? Are you using the included 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable? The HK3 kit?

Power going to the GPS mount or direct to the camera?

Video is dark, but it looks like the rear camera is unplugged, was it?

That looks like my camera once the screen saver starts. Are you sure the video clips aren't being recorded once the screen goes blank?

Back