Brand new Blackvue DR750S-2CH, No wifi network

wRRM

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi,
I have a brand new dr750s that i cannot get any Wi-fi connection to.
I have upgraded the firmware two times with different memory cards, one of these is the 16GB one that was included in the package (Blackvue memory card) and the other one is a Samsung EVO 128GB card.
I have restarted it more times than i can remember.
And i have resetted the wi-fi settings a couple of times.
I have even tried changing both the standard name and password for the Wi-Fi network with the application on both Mac and PC.
The network doesnt show at all, i tried finding it with 3 different devices, one iPhone 7, one Macbook pro and one Samsung Galaxy A3.

Anyone other than me that have had any problems with the Wi-Fi network not showing up at all?

Blackvue customer support is horribly slow, i might go to the retailer instead but i have already mounted the camera holders and cable in the roof.

Now it is chinese new year, I think you have to wait some more for blackvue support.
Does wifi blue light turn on after starting the dashcam ?
Did you try to search for wifi near the dashcam ? I hope so.
I think your unit is defektive, you may ask your retailer for an exchange.

Now it is chinese new year, I think you have to wait some more for blackvue support.
Does wifi blue light turn on after starting the dashcam ?
Did you try to search for wifi near the dashcam ? I hope so.
I think your unit is defektive, you may ask your retailer for an exchange.

Hey!

The wi-fi light is on and the button to turn the wi-fi off works.

Still no network :(

So I'm sorry but you have to contact your retailer...
You have made all verifications, it should work.

Did you try to connect to the wifi without changing SSID and password (using default SSID and passwd) ?

can you see the wifi on your phone but just not connect to it ?

If so you might want to try and disable mobile data on your phone before you try and connect to the wifi of the camera.

Okay that's weird, i have not experienced that with the other brand wifi cameras i have tried.

Are there a hard reset button on the camera that can be tried if it haven't already.

I don't know if you need to change the SSID but what worked for me was changing the password. I'm also guessing the you're within the range of your home Wi-Fi or at least have a mobile hot spot that you can connect to...

There is no hard reset button i'm afraid, and i tried changing the SSID to something else, with and without a password but no luck.

I went to the retailer yesterday and left the camera there for them to look at :)

The DR750S-2Ch Front Camera has a button on the right side of the camera used to reset wifi and reformat the SD card. You press and hold it for a few seconds until you hear it beep, then release and it will tell you to press once to reset wifi password (to the default which is printed on the attached label - must be removed from the mount to see it) or press and hold for five seconds to reformat.

The DR750S-2Ch Front Camera has a button on the right side of the camera used to reset wifi and reformat the SD card. You press and hold it for a few seconds until you hear it beep, then release and it will tell you to press once to reset wifi password (to the default which is printed on the attached label - must be removed from the mount to see it) or press and hold for five seconds to reformat.

I tried that a couple of times, the configuration is correct. I’m suspecting hardware fault.

I had the same problem and I turned off wifi-assist in my iPhone. Since then I download a minute clip in about 15 seconds.

Last edited:
The trouble is back worse than ever. The situation now is that I never know if I will be able to connect to the cam.

wifi.png

The trouble is back worse than ever. The situation now is that I never know if I will be able to connect to the cam.

View attachment 37586

Hey @Indian are you using a BlackVue SD card or a different SD card?
I've seen other people have a weak wi-fi due to SD card compatibility.
If you are using a different brand, perhaps try to see if you still have that issue with the included BlackVue SD card.

If you are using a different brand, perhaps try to see if you still have that issue with the included BlackVue SD card.

I was running on the Blackvue 16 GB card today when I had these problems.

Are you saying that your camera's blue light is on, indicating that wifi is active in the camera, but that you are unable to connect? Connect with what - your smart phone? You have downloaded the Blackvue app, right? What happens when you try to connect the smart phone to the camera's wifi?

Bought a BlackVue900s ch2 with the same problem.

Samsung J7 Prime: Can't find the Wi-fi.
Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge: Can't find the Wi-fi.
Samsung Galaxy 9s plus: Finds the Wi-fi.
Samsung Note 3: Can't find the Wi-fi.
Samsung Note 4: Can't find the Wi-fi.
Asus Computer: Finds the Wi-fi
Ipad: Finds the Wi-fi

Disabled the Smart Network switch without results.

Reset Sd memory card and updated to the newest Firmware 1003 without any results.

My Note 4 cannot connect to the Blackvue and its anoying as you pay thisamount of money for a product that doesn't support half the devices out there......

Direct Wi-fi isn't a solution either for the devices that cant find it.

Could it be it’s running 5GHz WiFi which only newer devices detect?

Back