Brand new SG9663DC constantly beeping.

when did you update the firmware?

No I installed the entire unit in July 2018 when I bought it.

I updated the firmware today as the camera had stopped responding on 4/7/2019. I looked on the forums and my symptoms pointed me towards updating. this did fix the camera but now I have the new issue.

firmware version he quoted is DCPRO version

Ah wait a minute, I was going off the date. bought this in mid 2018? yes firmware is DCPRO
DC comes with a 323 rear camera (6 vents per side of lens housing)
DC Pro comes with a 291 rear camera (4 vents per side of lens housing)

No I installed the entire unit in July 2018 when I bought it.

I updated the firmware today as the camera had stopped responding on 4/7/2019. I looked on the forums and my symptoms pointed me towards updating. this did fix the camera but now I have the new issue.

you have the wrong firmware on your camera, did you rename the firmware file?

Ah ok so you have the DC for sure not DCPRO.

Maybe something is wrong with the rear cable. Since we include 2 cables, find the unused one and test with that.

It should be the PRO? I have GPS and what not. It's also what I bought on amazon

Attachments

• SG9663DCPRO.png
    SG9663DCPRO.png
    437.3 KB · Views: 4
It should be the PRO? I have GPS and what not. It's also what I bought on amazon

The DC PRO wasn't available in mid 2018. What's your original order number? Private message or email me. We recycled the original DC Amazon listings, if you are clicking on your order history it will point to 2019 DCPRO listing.

Thanks for confirming your order history via PM, confirmed it's DC, not DCPRO

Ok here's the deal.

The SG9663DC and SG9663DCPRO is the same hardware. The only difference is firmware.

DC supports IMX323 Sensor rear camera
DCPRO supports newer IMX291 Sensor rear camera.

If the wrong rear camera is plugged in, the camera will beep. Since you are trying to plug in the 323 into the DCPRO it will beep.

The firmware you listed is for the DC PRO, you somehow updated your DC to DC PRO. You'll need to follow special instructions to convert DCPRO back to DC. (will respond via PM)

The firmware you listed is for the DC PRO, you somehow updated your DC to DC PRO. You'll need to follow special instructions to convert DCPRO back to DC. (will respond via PM)
it depends how he updated, if he just renamed the file that may not be the case

it depends how he updated, if he just renamed the file that may not be the case

Yeah jokiin is on the money. Read me like a book, I was having a lot of freezing issues with the firmware (Non-pro) installing. So I looked up the amazon order and it said pro so i downloaded that, it wouldn't flash so i renamed it (got desperate). It did actually flash but then had the rear cam issue. I just flashed the non pro firmware and it worked no problem this time... really strange.

Thanks a lot for the really quick replies. I was honestly expecting to wait a couple days at least!

Yeah jokiin is on the money. Read me like a book, I was having a lot of freezing issues with the firmware (Non-pro) installing. So I looked up the amazon order and it said pro so i downloaded that, it wouldn't flash so i renamed it (got desperate). It did actually flash but then had the rear cam issue. I just flashed the non pro firmware and it worked no problem this time... really strange.

Thanks a lot for the really quick replies. I was honestly expecting to wait a couple days at least!

good to know you're sorted, we are working on doing a combined firmware that will do both models so in future this won't be an issue, that's a work in progress though and will take a while, for now just stick with DC firmware

Like.
Cuz what we have now are not optimal,,,, or should i say fool proof.
Luckily with the right people it usually get resolved pretty fast.

Like.
Cuz what we have now are not optimal,,,, or should i say fool proof.
Luckily with the right people it usually get resolved pretty fast.
yeah we do make all the firmware names different so that they won't load, don't count on people renaming them though, pretty hard to control that

Back