Brand new SG9663DC constantly beeping.

Juggs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Installed yesterday, noticed a double beep every time I connected the rear camera. Front camera works perfectly fine on it's own, memory card shows videos and pics perfectly. GPS plugged in and operating fine. It's only when I plug the rear camera in. Closer inspection shows that the cameras keeps attempting to record, stops, then starts trying to record again. I also noticed that while it is doing this, the front camera pretty much locks up - I can't stop the recording, nor can I bring up the menu. The image appears locked as well.

The camera is setup using the hardwire kit, so I tested it by plugging in the lighter adaptor - same results.
I grabbed the second cable from the box, unused and still coiled, and plugged it in to ensure it's not an issue with the cable that I was initially using. Same result, double beeping every couple of seconds. A quick search of the forum has suggested the beeping could be because of a dodgy connection to the rear camera, or because of a dodgy SD card. SD card appears fine, and I have no reason to believe it's a dodgy cable.

I performed the firmware upgrade today, and while going thru the menu I noticed that there is a power setting for either 2 or 3 wire power. I set it to 3 wire, plugged it in, with no luck.

So, does it sound like I could have a dodgy unit? Is there something else that I'm missing that I should be looking into?

Cheers.

whats's the serial number of the camera, (front and rear if the rear is marked), what firmware version is it running?

F/W: 3.17 (downloaded and installed an hour ago).

Front S/N: DC-17520932
Rear S/N: GCR291-18280763

ok, I'll message you some instructions for an update that will sort this out, just give me a minute

Issue sorted, very appreciative of the help provided by jokiin. Firmware update is what solved it in the end.

Hi, I have a similar issue as well, the unit would randomly giving out beeping noise while driving, only started about 2 weeks ago, been using it before Christmas.
And when adjusting the camera lens at a certain angle, it doesn't lock in place, but rather sprung back to a lower angle.
I've sent a support ticket, looking forward to your reply.

The beeping and symptoms are exactly the same as original poster.

The front camera is dc-17520961 oddly enough the rear camera was bundled with it and doesn't have a s/n.

Firmware says 190115 v.1.08

Memory is 128gb SanDisk.

It is hardwired.

What does the rear camera look like when you look at the rear camera lens housing itself.
Do you see 6 vent slots on each side of the lens (12 total) or 4 vent slots on each side of the lens (8 total)

What does the rear camera look like when you look at the rear camera lens housing itself.
Do you see 6 vent slots on each side of the lens (12 total) or 4 vent slots on each side of the lens (8 total)

6 on each side

Ah ok so you have the DC for sure not DCPRO.

Maybe something is wrong with the rear cable. Since we include 2 cables, find the unused one and test with that.

Back