Brand new SG966DC freezing.

Juggs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I recently bought a second car, and a second dashcam. The first one, outside of a firmware flash, has been perfect since day 3. This one worked for about a week (maybe? Perhaps I didn't notice it?) but now is clearly locking up when powered. No buttons are responsive, and it won't show the rear camera.

When I unplug the power, same. When I unplug the power, GPS, and rear cam? Same.

When I press the reset button, with everything plugged in? Same (except the rec button flashes about twice as fast).

However, when I unplug all and hit the reset button, it's responsive. I can then tool around the menu, etc. Buttons take. Snap shots, etc. I can even plug the rear camera back in and it'll work.

So, thoughts? The first camera I bought had an issue where it wasn't properly detecting the rear camera and would beep constantly. A firmware flash resolved it. Likely the same resolution method this time around?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sure do. Stand by.

I think you're right.

Resetting it without the card shows both cams, it's responsive, and it flashes no card.

Putting the card back in, it's unresponsive.

I reset it with a new card, and it's responsive.

you can also try resetting the card you have, what make and model is the card?
Transcend high endurance 64gb. The one it came with.

ok, we haven't supplied them with Transcend cards for quite a while so guess the card is not new then???

you can try resetting that card in your computer, do a full overwrite using SDformatter and format in the camera after, if the card is recoverable that will sort it out

Awesome, ta. I'll get on that and let you know.

Card isn't being detected by any system I have. Busted.

What's the min size card you recommend, given it loops recordings?

Hi guys,

Same issue with a brand new 64gb sd card. Worked for about a week, now exhibits the same issues.

Are we thinking faulty device, or a firmware upgrade? I can't do anything about it until tomorrow, but so far I'm not overly happy given its a new car and I'm taking long trips without a dashcam.

Thoughts?

SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSD Card

Same as in my wife's car.

Can you disconnect the rear camera and see if the result is the same?

Could also try swapping the cards over if you're unsure about the card

I'll be home in a few hours, will look at it then.

Ok thanks, let us know how you get on, if it turns out that there's a camera issue we'll see that it gets sorted out for you

Ta.

I unplugged the rear camera and power, then plugged back only the power for the drive home. Worked the entire way, no issues.

When I got home, I plugged the rear camera back in, and it continued to work fine.

Im about to check it again, but it's really odd.

Just started the car again with both cameras plugged in. It's frozen and only displaying the front camera. Unplugging tbe rear camera while in this stare does nothing.

Power cycling the unit without the rear camera brings it back online and recording, but only front camera.

Seems to be an issue when the rear is connected, but intermittant.

one last thing you can try is to use the other rear camera cable that it came with to connect the rear camera, if no lockups it's a cable issue, if it still has issues then it will be something to do with the camera

if it does still have issues can you open a support ticket here https://support.streetguardian.info/create-a-ticket so we can get all the relevent details and get it sorted for you

Back