Bricked 0803, Won't Start Help??

I have an OTG cable (that I use for connecting a USB memory stick to my Nexus 7 tablet on its mini usb port) so I am presuming that is enough with a male to male adaptor? (it's what I tried previously).

I had googled to your links as given but although I was able to download DirectUSB II the 7z archive just wants to open a page of text. I can't seem to find a way to download it as a file even though I have 7zip manager installed.
upload_2015-11-15_19-47-26.png

ignore that I have managed to save it and load it. OMG!!!! I await your next instruction.

upload_2015-11-15_19-57-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-15_19-57-19.png
    upload_2015-11-15_19-57-19.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 9
Allright, it gets detected so just press the "Download" button now and the magic will happen :D

It's an E-PRANCE 0803 from Amazon bought DEC/2104. It has internal memory and an external microSD card slot. It is a GPS model and has given me options in the past to record 1296 images so whether it is inadvertently an 0805 I don't know. It did have LDWS as an option in the previous firmware which was definitely saying 2011nnnn but it never over wrote.

Is that the right option given the description above?

I guess it's an 0803. Some(most?) 0803 firmwares have 1296p recording mode and some also have LDWS

so should I go for 1 or 2 card 'elf ' version given that I have internal memory and an external card?

2card version then

brilliant... I will go for 0611 as although that seemed to have earlier errors, other posters suggest its fixed.

brilliant... I will go for 0611 as although that seemed to have earlier errors, other posters suggest its fixed.
Thats a very early firmware... You can give it a try but I'd suggest to try more recent versions as well

How long does the firmware process take? I don't want to turn it off prematurely.... I underestimated how responsive you are Tobi@s so I thought if I went with the version without an extra card the worst that could happen is I couldn't use the external card but I would have a working device.

Once it tells me its done I will immediately do a 2 card elf update. This is where I am at currently
upload_2015-11-15_20-28-25.png

Oh I remember that problem, the camera doesnt return a proper response to DirectUSB after flashing. How long have you been waiting already?

Well it looked like it cycled all the way around to 6 minutes again!

So I disconnected and restarted with the 2 card Elf version.

upload_2015-11-15_21-24-35.png

This is where it got the last time.. not sure how long to wait to be safe

After a while I reconnected and got to here.... clearly something has changed but not sure what to do next

upload_2015-11-15_21-48-3.png

try to start the cam

Just get a red light, plug into power or PC with OTG/M2M or standard USB. Windows still doesn't recognise USB device and cannot get Windows to recognise the device drivers provided by DirectUSB are right for the device.

By the way, Thanks for all your exceptional help so far.

Edited:
Plugged it into the car GPS mount, powered up, in case that sparked it into another mode. no luck.

Last edited:
Try the flashing process again and after it gets stuck at "firmware programming" wait ~2 minutes and afterwards just reconnect the dashcam while the application is still running. I think that helped me when I had that problem

So more progress... first time I have seen reinit start signal and reinit start wait. But disconnected after two cycles, reconnected and a matching third pair of signal and wait appeared, light on cam is red.

upload_2015-11-15_22-28-36.png

Tried re-connecting and got this sort of hanging
upload_2015-11-15_22-31-11.png

I realise it's late in Germany so don't worry if you want to pick this up another day. Cheers so far.

One thing before I'm going to bed: Try resetting the cam after flashing it by long pressing the power button. I remember that one of my dashcams got stuck in "BOOT" mode after firmware flashing and I had to wait till the battery went flat. Afterwards I charged it and it powered up fine

I tried holding the button in whilst still connected to PC (not DirectUSB) and the red light just stayed on.

Unplugged and not enough residual power for it to be anything other than off. Long power button press did not produce any lights.

When connected to DirectUSB light goes to Blue. Long button press turns light to red.

Disconnected and see what happens tomorrow. Cheers & goodnight

Back