Bricked 70mai Lite

hasithmagage

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi,

My 70mai Lite camera has suddenly stopped working. Neither display nor light comes on. I used it only for 6 months only and there is no warranty.

Please help me how can I get this fixed.

Thanks,
Hasith.

I don't know that cam but generally:

Check your power supply- the easiest way is to take the cam inside and try it with a phone charger (presuming it uses UISB power). If the cam works fine there but not in the car it's a bad power supply. If the cam does not work with the phone charger, there may be a reset button on the cam, usually inside a paper-clip sized round hole. While hooked to the phone charger, press and hold that button for 15 seconds then release- the cam should then boot up. A slight chance you may have a bad SD card, try another one and see what happens. If no good, try the cam without a card. If you still get no response then the cam may be dead.

The regular and Pro 70mai versions use a LiPo battery inside the cam, and those do wear out and fail over time, especially in hot climates. That can also cause a cam to not boot up. With soldering and the proper battery you can fix that but I don't know where you can get the battery; AliExpress is a good place to look once you have the old one out and know the size you need.

Phil

Back