Bricked A119

and you can download such an app for Windows from Viofo support web site, the link for download located at the bottom of the page called "guiformat2.exe". I use the same one, but before you use it you have to make sure your Windows do see that SD card as a drive.
There is a nice video there at the support site that I had not seen before explaining how to use the camera to format a new card with capacity greater than 32GBytes. I previously formatted my 64GByte card to EXFAT in Windows 10, then tried formatting the card on my A119 FW version 4.00 and could not enter the menu with one or two single presses of the Menu button as done in the video. I just kept getting the "Please Format...." message back again. I did find that one or more double clicks (presses) of the menu button would get into the menu. Did the same thing earlier today on my A119S FW version B4.02 and it worked just like the video.

To format by PC download the program at this location : SD Formatter

It will sometimes correct faults on SD cards. You will still have to format on the device especially any over 32GB.

To format by PC download the program at this location : SD Formatter

It will sometimes correct faults on SD cards. You will still have to format on the device especially any over 32GB.
Be careful, @jokiin said this about SD Formatter: .https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/garmin-dash-cam-55-won-t-stay-on.36261/#post-431622. I have no experience with any of the 3rd party formatting apps.

Also some corrupt files can be recovered by playing the file back in the camera. Reference Viofo post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/got-into-accident-file-corrupt.21299/page-6#post-356650.

This will formats SD cards greater that 32GB but not in FAT32. I have used it with no problems. Just remember to format the SD card in the device before use. May be able to resurrect some faulty SD cards.

Saving corrupt files is another matter really depends on which part of the file is corrupted whether it is recoverable or not and how faulty the SD cards is.

This will formats SD cards greater that 32GB but not in FAT32. I have used it with no problems. Just remember to format the SD card in the device before use. May be able to resurrect some faulty SD cards.

yes this program is good for returning a card to its default state, Windows doesn't do that correctly, when using SD formatter do a full overwrite erase, if there's a recoverable fault on the card this will sort it out

as mentioned for camera use it will still need to be formatted FAT32 so cards larger than 32GB will still require in device, or third party program formatting, SD formatter sticks strictly to the standards

You can try reinstalling the boot loader and then try and reflash the firmware, if it still has a red light it should be able to be recovered

I had the same problem today. Thanks "jokiin" for saving my camera!

Back