Bricked A119?

beezer86

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was trying to update the firmware on my well used but working fine 2 yr old VIOFO A119 (capacitor) from 2.2 to 4.0. I may have done it incorrectly but now it wont turn on. I only get the glowing red <REC button but nothing else. Tried reflashing the firmware but nothing happens when power is connected. The OFF button will turn off the red button and back on but that's all I get. Need some super hard reset method to get it to start reading the SD card again. I tried the reset button too. Any ideas?

I was trying to update the firmware on my well used but working fine 2 yr old VIOFO A119 (capacitor) from 2.2 to 4.0. I may have done it incorrectly but now it wont turn on. I only get the glowing red <REC button but nothing else. Tried reflashing the firmware but nothing happens when power is connected. The OFF button will turn off the red button and back on but that's all I get. Need some super hard reset method to get it to start reading the SD card again. I tried the reset button too. Any ideas?
Did the REC button flash during the update?

reinstall the loader and right after install the firmware.

Thanks for the quick replies - loader /firmware to fix dead 119 has been said over and over. That fixed it but I'll walk through the parts that aren't advertised. First I followed this (by Jiali Liu) but added notes...
1. Rename original LDBA119.bin to LDA119S.bin
(from the viofo website..I dont have the S model but did this anyway....used a camera formatted card if possible, fat32 format if computer is all you have)

2. Update camera with renamed LDA119S.bin
(here is the key, the REC didn't blink on this step, I just let it sit for 5 minutes, maybe it was done in 30 sec, it doesn't do anything)

3. Delete LDA119S.bin from the card

4. Update camera with FWBA119.bin
(this time the REC button blinked so I knew it was working)

(These two steps were not needed as my FW was now v4.01)
5. Update camera with original LDBA119.bin
6. Delete LDBA119.bin from the card

There, now the future me can come back to this next time I do something stupid.

the loader updates in less than one second and before the camera boots so you won't see anything when that happens

Back