Bricked after attempted firmware update.

country_hick

Reaction score
Country
United States
My maxi stopped working. I think the supercapacitor is bad.
When I put the battery in the lights came on. Trying to update the firmware things went wrong. Now all I get is a steady green light.
The maxi is not even recognized by the computer.
How do I get this working again?

I don't know a lot and I have a Mobius 2 right now. With my M2 I had the problem my computer would not recognized it so I change the cable and then I had to press the power button. As far as the FW try to go back to a older version or try and reload it again. One other thing with it turn on hit the reset button that might help.

When plugged into the computer the green light comes on. Pushing the buttons is useless as nothing changes.
In short, the maxi does not even work enough for the power button to work.

If you can't fit it and you don't want it, keep me in your mind I might buy it for parts because my son just order one for me for my 71 birthday and I might need another one. I am looking for a M2 for the reason.

Give the battery a good charge and try again. A depleted battery won;t allow a proper boot-up.

Phil

When I put the battery in the lights came on. Trying to update the firmware things went wrong. Now all I get is a steady green light.
Can you explain the problem a bit more:

Were you updating firmware via mSetup or manually? With battery or capacitor?

What happens when you plug into a computer? Any lights on the Maxi? Red, blue or green circle?

When plugged into the computer the green light comes on. Pushing the buttons is useless as nothing changes.
In short, the maxi does not even work enough for the power button to work.
If the light is just green, then it is charging (and not turned on).

Try a different USB port, or a different miniUSB cable if you have one. The camera may not be detecting a data port correctly, and instead just starts charging when it gets power over USB.

When not plugged into the computer, what happens if you try to turn it on? Anything?

The maxi does nothing. The green middle light comes on when plugged in to a computer or outlet. No blinking no chirps. Button presses do nothing.

I may need a complete factory reset program.

The maxi does nothing. The green middle light comes on when plugged in to a computer or outlet. No blinking no chirps. Button presses do nothing.

I may need a complete factory reset program.
Unplug the battery from the camera for at least 30 seconds to force a full reset. Then plug the battery back in and connect to a USB charger.

When I put the battery in the lights came on. Trying to update the firmware things went wrong.
Why did you think the capacitor is bad?

Did the camera stop working when you changed from capacitor to battery, or when you tried to update the firmware?

Try pressing the reset button on the right side of the camera using a bent paper clip while the camera is powered up. It may well fix your problem.

Why did you think the capacitor is bad?

Did the camera stop working when you changed from capacitor to battery, or when you tried to update the firmware?
The camera did nothing with the capacitor installed even after pressing the connector in tight. With a battery it did blink the lights etc.

It stopped working in the update process with the battery installed.

The camera did nothing with the capacitor installed even after pressing the connector in tight. With a battery it did blink the lights etc.

It stopped working in the update process with the battery installed.
So the camera was working fine until you removed the battery and installed the capacitor? Now you have the battery back in and its not working?

The battery plug and socket are small things that could get damaged. Have you unplugged and re-plugged the battery to check the connection? I had a loose connection in mine once that stopped the battery from charging.

Also check on the flexible cable of the camera module, if it sits not correctly, only charging (green LED) will work:

Mine has done exactly the same, exact same symptoms, I am also using a Capacitor.
The camera was at least working for over two weeks, today no response whatsoever.

When powered on, the Middle green circle LED comes on solid for 2 seconds, then switches off.
There is no power, no response from any buttons and not even detected by msetup via the Maxi USB cable to PC.
Took the capacitor out and put in the original battery, makes no difference.

Unbelievable just how **** the Maxi has been, was it even tested before they started to sell this junk?

So what do I do now? I have contacted the Seller, only purchased the Maxi a few months ago.

When powered on, the Middle green circle LED comes on solid for 2 seconds, then switches off.
There is no power, no response from any buttons and not even detected by msetup via the Maxi USB cable to PC.
Took the capacitor out and put in the original battery, makes no difference.
take the sd card out and connect it to the PC again - does it enter webcam mode?

take the sd card out and connect it to the PC again - does it enter webcam mode?

Hi Tom,

Took the sd card out, then connected to PC, no response, same 2 seconds of capacitor charge green light, then goes off and no response from any buttons.

Hi Tom,

Took the sd card out, then connected to PC, no response, same 2 seconds of capacitor charge green light, then goes off and no response from any buttons.
i assume you tried resetting, checking the lens cable, etc . i would send it back for a refund if i were you :(

i assume you tried resetting, checking the lens cable, etc . i would send it back for a refund if i were you :(

Tried to reset, tried with battery, tried with capacitor, tried with msetup connected to camera and pc. Removed lens from extension cable and put back on the original one, all efforts have been in vain.
Contacted the main seller of these (electophone) on the bay, lets see what the customer service is like, will report back if/when I hear back.

What Mobius is doing to their own product and business is beyond my understanding. It is just, plain stupid.

Back