Bricked B1W

avladimir

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi,

I ran into a problem, hopefully someone can help me:
Bought the camera from EBay (estore009), received it and worked great, however, I tried to upgrade the firmware with the "WIFI OFF" version from here.
I followed the steps, but the camera didn't worked after this: the green LED is ON and it doesn't turn red when I long press the button on the camera.
The wireless connection also does not appears when searching for it. I have tried again the firmware upgrade procedure, using a different card: same result.
The cards I've tried are Kingston Class 4 and Sandisk Ultra Class 10, both formatted FAT32, on both MacOS and Windows.

Could you please help me out?
Thank you very much!

It happens if you made the wrong steps to load new firmware!
Anyway, we can help you to solve it as long as its camera can power on!
And please check your inbox message, we PM you details already!
Regards,
Vicky

Thank you very much for your help, Vicky!
I managed to recover my camera, everything is perfect.

Hi guys
I have the same problem after the upgrade. The solid green light is ON but the camera doesn't work anymore. Can anyone share the procedure to recover my camera?
@estore009 @avladimir
Thank you

Do not worry, we can help you to solve it as long as this camera can power on!
And we will PM you details to solve it!

I'm afraid I need help with this, too. I was able to upgrade the firmware on my first two B1Ws, but somehow messed this one up. The green light comes on, but there's no audio or wifi. Please help! I wanted to set this up with my new Parking Mode wiring. :(

@estore009

@avladimir , @landawap , do you guys still have the directions?

Last edited:
@Mebejedi You have a PM with the instructions.
PS: Rename the bin Chinese file (from the second link) as B1W.bin

If there is any audio when camera boot?

I have the same problem. The green light just stays on no matter what i do. But it just happened randomly.

But it just happened randomly.
It should be other problem for your case. And could you tell me if there is any sound from camera when power on?

Yes, it double beeps and then says, "SD card detected". I'm trying to reformat the SD card though to see if that solves the problem anyway.

I've now reformated the card, same problem. I can't even connect to it the camera using the app, it just says, "connecting..." continuously.
App Version:V1.7.9
DVR Version : V1.06.180103s

Last edited:
Yes, it double beeps and then says, "SD card detected". I'm trying to reformat the SD card though to see if that solves the problem anyway.

I've now reformated the card, same problem. I can't even connect to it the camera using the app, it just says, "connecting..." continuously.
App Version:V1.7.9
DVR Version : V1.06.180103s
@DJFearRoss It is different problem for your case. You can update newest firmware 20180528s to solve it, and you can download this firmware here http://www.blueskysea-inc.com/down.aspx?TypeId=14&FId=t14:14:14

Hi there, I seem to be having a similar issue -- it was working perfectly, but I noticed today that there was no startup sound when I plugged the camera into my car and the camera's Wi-Fi no longer shows up for me to connect to it to see what's going on via the app. Any help would be much appreciated!

A red light means WiFi is off. Green light means it's on. Hold the button down for 3 seconds to switch between WiFi on/off. Then turn off cellular data before trying to connect.

but I noticed today that there was no startup sound when I plugged the camera into my car and the camera's Wi-Fi no longer shows up for me to connect to it to see what's going on via the app.
Do you remember you mute its voice notification in APP or not? if not, it indicates that camera cannot reboot normally!
Anyway, do not worry, we can solve it as long as it can power on! And please check your inbox message for more details to solve it!

I have exactly the same issue. After trying to upgrade the firmware the green LED is now ON but there is no audio message and no wireless connection. Please help.

I have exactly the same issue. After trying to upgrade the firmware the green LED is now ON but there is no audio message and no wireless connection. Please help.
PM you already, please check!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
Z B1W 9
N B1W 2
S B1W 9
Back