Bricked On Firmware Upgrade

jasper502

Reaction score
Tried a firmware upgrade - now the blue GPS light just comes on and flashes once and a while. Checked the card and it seems ok and there is no write access to it so it seems the camera is not working at all. Any ideas at all here what to do?

If the card is write-protected it is dead. If not write protected test the card by using "sdformatter" then check with the "h2testw" freeware doing a full overwrite (may take a while with large cards). If everything seems good then format it in-cam and you should be OK

When doing firmware changes always finish by selecting default settings in the menu, shutting the cam down, restarting it, then re-doing your settings to where you want them.

Phil

If the card is write-protected it is dead. If not write protected test the card by using "sdformatter" then check with the "h2testw" freeware doing a full overwrite (may take a while with large cards). If everything seems good then format it in-cam and you should be OK

When doing firmware changes always finish by selecting default settings in the menu, shutting the cam down, restarting it, then re-doing your settings to where you want them.

Phil

Is that this: https://www.sdcardformatter.com?

No dice. Just the solid blue GPS light.

Attachments

• BA9DB619-1807-4A44-B35F-828571667E07.jpeg
    BA9DB619-1807-4A44-B35F-828571667E07.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 3
Can you get the previously used firmware and try to reflash it?

Phil

If you have a spare SD card, maybe to isolate the issue between the card and the hardware?

If you have a spare SD card, maybe to isolate the issue between the card and the hardware?

I may try that - I have my doubts as I have tested the card and it worked fine before the upgrade attempt.

Never thought of that - not sure where to get that from.

Maybe BlackVue has it. It worked before so it should work again if firmware was the problem. Could have been an error in the new firmware or even a tiny power glitch when you tried to load it. Cams are really sensitive when loading firmware.

If this doesn't get your cam going again I don't know what to suggest from here- I'm out of ideas at this point.

Phil

Maybe BlackVue has it. It worked before so it should work again if firmware was the problem. Could have been an error in the new firmware or even a tiny power glitch when you tried to load it. Cams are really sensitive when loading firmware.

If this doesn't get your cam going again I don't know what to suggest from here- I'm out of ideas at this point.

Phil
I have a ticket open with them also. My worry is that it’s bricked and won’t load any firmware now.

I have a ticket open with them also. My worry is that it’s bricked and won’t load any firmware now.
Did you ever get your firmware issue resolved? I'm having trouble reading the info on the SD card. Not sure if I have a card issue or a card reader issue?

Back