Bricked Qumox SJ4000.

freddyforty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I bought a Qumox Sj4000 action cam but I bricked it by trying to update it's firmware, but I've since learned that it can't be updated. Now when I switch it on, all I get is a white screen.
I've tried different firmware to get it back to how it was when I first bought it, but it's no good.
Please can someone help me.
Thank You.

No, I've been searching the internet and emailing Qumox but they've not answered me yet.

Do you mean the original firmware? if so, that's what Ive been searching for.

Yes you'll need the original firmware, it's a generic version so it's not always easy to find that, you're pretty much reliant on the seller getting it for you assuming that they actually have a form of contact for the manufacturer, a lot won't have this, you might get lucky though so always worth asking

Thanks, I'll keep trying to find it for a few weeks but if I can't, it will end up in the bin. It was a cheap one anyway. I nearly fainted when I saw the price of a Gopro though.

No, I've been searching the internet and emailing Qumox but they've not answered me yet.

If they don't reply - that would be enough for me to not purchase any of their products ever again.
You don't get worse Customer Service than being ignored as a customer ... better to get your next one from a regular poster on here if you want help when things go wrong.

They tend to take their Customer Service rather seriously around here ... which is good (y)
Another tip is to choose a Brand that folks are familiar with ... cause then they have some experience with the Cams - better for sorting problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Firmware Modifications 33
Back