Bricked SJ4000 clone / corrupted bootloader?

KamilKiri

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi guys, I think I just bricked my clone od SJ4000.

It's called Manta MM336PRO and it's this device: http://www.manta.com.pl/pl/mm336pro
In "version" in settings it said 96655/SJ7000 and I tried to put some new firmware on it.
When I was tried to update my cam it never worked until I renamed the .bin file to gp_cardvr_upgrade.bin - THEN IT WORKED!
But just once...it finished updating and I never saw my camera screen again. Now - I only see small blue led light and nothing more.

I tried to put on it more firmwares but it don't start to upgrade process. I have exactly problem like this in the video here:

I think i messed up the BOOTLOADER...but what I can do now? Is it permanently bricked?

I disassembled camera and this is what it says:"
CHIP
MP48P73.00

CAMERA:
XHLC-H42
BK014-V1.0
2015-6-29

MOTHERBOARD:
HG015-MAIN-V10-20151124
and on the other side:
94V-0

PLEASE HELP! <3 How can I recover bootloader?

Last edited:
But the problem is not firmware at this moment. The problem is that the "updating process" does not even starts. The blue led is staying on instead of blinking.
I tried a lot of firmwares and a lot of .bin renaming and it won't start. I also waited few minutes and nothing.
Computer recognizes device as GENPLUS USB-MSDC DISK A USB Device though.

Maybe there is some software which would help me to put firmware/new bootloader to the device?
I found something like that already but I think it's not for this chip 96655 andit's doesn't recognize the cam.
wdgrjvb.png

I'm not sure that before my software updating it said the same in devices manager. Maybe that wrong choosen firmware changed it?

The firmware I updated was original SJ4000 96655 I think and after that device is death.

Because when camera worked it said 96655/SJ7000 in OPTIONS->VERSION and below this there was some date written like 20161007 or something like that.
Have you an idea what I can do now? Thanks for fast replying man! <3

When I disassembled camera there WAS NO any Novatek signs on anything on chipsets, everything I can read from motherboard was these things:

HG015-MAIN-V10-20151124
----------
MP48P73.00
----------
XHLC-H42
BK014-V1.0
2015-6-29
----------
SV6030P
TUB1543
8H92
----------
94V-0

from what you have found so far I think it is a GeneralPlus chipset and you've loaded, or attempted to load, a Novatek firmware by renaming it so that the camera thought it was a GeneralPlus firmware, I have no idea how you can recover a GeneralPlus chipset or if it's even possible to recover it, it's not a chipset I have ever worked with sorry

Thank you so much for the info. It's so strange.

So the gp_cardvr_upgrade.bin is the update file only for the GeneralPlus chipsets?

If anyone would have an idea how can I repair my cam I would be sooo glad. thank you!

Good luck with this. Maybe next time consider an authentic SJCAM product :)

@up, the fun thing I didn't even knew about real JSCAM before. When I bought this "toy" I started to find more info about this and I came on SJCAM ;)

SJCAM is not really popular in Poland I think. I already sent my camera on warranty and we will see. Probably will receive a new one hah. thanks anyway!

Genplus is GeneralPlus chipset

SPCA5310 is Sunplus chipset

96655 is Novatek chipset
I have this 96655 Novatek chipset. Its a clone or real ? and can anyone help me get a working firmeware for it ?

I have this 96655 Novatek chipset. Its a clone or real ? and can anyone help me get a working firmeware for it ?
No idea, it's an old model, different versions of the real ones, and many copy versions make it very hard to know

Back