Bricked SJ4000

ghines

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
Hi all,

I have an original non fake SJ4000 (no wifi, and not the plus version) with a 1.5" screen. I was trying to update the firmware and something must have gone wrong. It turns ON with the blue light on, makes a little noise and nothing else happens. The screen is blank.

Is there a way to unbrick it? Found solutions for the plus and the wifi version but nothing for mine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg

of you have the previous firmware you should be able to roll back, they are hard to completely brick

of you have the previous firmware you should be able to roll back, they are hard to completely brick
I assume you mean placing the old firmware onto the SD card and turning ON the camera. If so, have tried that and no luck. :(

Greg

If you've installed an incorrect version it may be expecting a different file name when restoring

If you've installed an incorrect version it may be expecting a different file name when restoring
The version I tried to install came from the SDCam website and the file was called FW96650A.bin.

Is there a procedure to unbrick it?

Greg

do you have the original firmware

these changed somewhere throughout the model run from memory so you may need to try a few different versions, maybe send them an email, if the planets align you might get a reply, worth a try anyway

The hardware was revised at some stage from memory which was probably around that time, @Pavle might know as he has put together a lot of info on these

Hi Ghines,

Please try with the attached firmware.

Our older SJ4000 cameras can't be updated to the latest firmware.

Unzip the file and follow this steps:
1. Power the camera off.
2. Remove the MicroSD card from the camera.
3. Format the MicroSD card using the FAT32 file format on your computer.
4. Copy the firmware 'bin' file into the root directory of your MicroSD card, please keep the firmware 'bin' file's name.
5. Reinsert the SD card to your camera.
6. Connect the camera with the charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically. If your battery was full, you do not need to connect the camera with charger.
7. After the firmware update is completed, please delete the 'bin' file.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• FW96650A.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 313
Hi Ghines,

Please try with the attached firmware.

Our older SJ4000 cameras can't be updated to the latest firmware.

Unzip the file and follow this steps:
1. Power the camera off.
2. Remove the MicroSD card from the camera.
3. Format the MicroSD card using the FAT32 file format on your computer.
4. Copy the firmware 'bin' file into the root directory of your MicroSD card, please keep the firmware 'bin' file's name.
5. Reinsert the SD card to your camera.
6. Connect the camera with the charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically. If your battery was full, you do not need to connect the camera with charger.
7. After the firmware update is completed, please delete the 'bin' file.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this version. its work!

i have cam with version W20160704V1 and i tried many versions but htey wont work :-( please help

This worked. I thought i have the fake ones. Only the old version. Thanks guys

Back