Bricked your C4? Look here

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I noticed a few people including myself had tried to update their C4 and ended up bricking it.
If you happened to make your camera go poof here is how I was able to fix mine.

RockThinking has asked me to detail what happened so hopefully I can help others.

I had recently tried to update my C4 using the SPHOST file. I put it on the root of my card and let it update. The instructions said to wait 3 mins. I literately waited about 30 (put it on and watched some TV) I came back and the camera hand not powered itself off.

I tried to unplug and turn it off with no luck. I then reset it and got a solid silver light. Turns out the update made it go poof.
Rock has sent me soft software and after a bit of trial and error I have been able to bring my dead C4 back to life.

If you had the same issue fallow the steps below and hopefully all will be well this is how I fixed mine.

Grab these two zip files.

C4 Firmware Flash Utility
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6CvqfhJOkPORXFiQWVJSDRHZUU/view?usp=sharing

spca6330 PC Driver
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6CvqfhJOkPOM0R1ZV93aWJGUGc/view?usp=sharing

I did this without a memory card inserted.

1.Extract and Install spca6330 PC Driver

This driver will only work on Windows 7. I tried it on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and the driver will not install correctly.

2. Hold the shutter button down on the camera and plug the camera into your PC

3. Extract the download folder from the C4 Firmware Flash Utility

4. Run FRM.exe inside the download folder

5. Inside the program under the basic tab change flash type to SPI

6. Click SPI (F5)

7. Wait until the blue bar at the bottom ticks all the way up and the program says SPI complete

Your C4 should work correctly now

Also note this more then likely only works with C4 cameras as they have a different chipset then the other Innovv cameras.

I tested it for about a half an hour and it seemed okay. I'll try to take it for a drive tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock should delete/edit his post on updating C4.

Rock should delete/edit his post on updating C4.
He deleted one of them because I quoted under it and it disappeared so I deleted mine under it as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Back