Brittle Plastic of GPS mount bracket breaks spontaneously

Grozimo

Reaction score
Country
United States
The round rings of the hinged attachment between the GPS mount and the electrical connection arm are made from a brittle plastic that breaks very easily.

If I received a new GPS mount, I could try the new firmware update with the time zone bug fix; however, I have doubts that it will fix problems with video segments being out of order in the Registrator Viewer software which hasn 't been updated for a few years.

tgGhN6O.jpg

Has anyone observed that every third video file has an incorrect name that appears to be an old file that wasn't deleted correctly?

Last edited:
I can't do any real world testing of the video recording because the bracket is broken. Without the bracket, I cannot run the camera with the sun shining through the windshield and with rapidly changing scenery that will challenge the compression algorithm and create more heat.

Running the camera on my desk also doesn't allow GPS lock to go in and out as driving around does. GPS does not lock at my desk. I suspect GPS going in and out causes problems with the video playback order later.

Last edited:
I reused the sdcards in another camera.

fair enough, can't offer any thoughts on the problem without more detail, maybe when you get another bracket

When will you send me a replacement?

The manufacturer, n'est pas?

Back