Broken / corrupt files

narl

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have two 512G, I have tried multiple SanDisk SD cards for this camera, if I am to record a journey, you can be sure at least 6 of those clips will be corrupt, I am now using a SanDisk extreme 32Gb which I got today and it is still the same issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or am I doing something completely wrong?

is this issue the same on both cameras? re-install firmware?

Firmware etc has been upgraded to the newest available. It's been like this for a while, but to have it on two cameras at the same time is very unusual.

When an event is singular it is usually easy to spot what is different in comparison, thus leading you to the correct solution :) When an event is more universal it's time to start changing things in one unit until you locate the part which is making the difference ;) I'd start with trying a different high-grade SD card. Doesn't need to be a big expensive one, just a different brand you can test with then use elsewhere if it doesn't help. All dashcams can be picky about which cards they like :rolleyes:

Phil

As above try using a different brand sd card but I'd advise using Samsung evo see if that records the segment clips ok

Other great brands are Lexar or Transcend, have you got the latest R03 form our website?

Lexar isn't a good choice now- they are ceasing manufacture of all portable memory including SD cards. Several mentions of this on DCT in the last week ;)

Phil

I love the SAMSUNG EVO and always got great results from my nextbase cams with these cards, I had several duff sandisk cards though

Are the corrupt files the last ones on the trip?

After a few years my hard wired Shadow Tec GT680W's battery couldn't hold a charge enough to close out a file after pulling the key, which resulted in corrupted files and trashed SD card. I wasn't unhappy because it served me well.

Because I loathed the process of finding a replacement, hardwiring, sorting through cryptic instructions and becoming familiar with a new platform, I got the idea to replace the internal battery. Thanks to a youtube how-to video, five pack eBay batteries for ten bucks, 32gb ten buck Amazon sanDisk SD card and a half hour later I was back in business for the next three years and thereafter if that's the only issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 512GW 2
M 512GW 6
Back