broken GPS base and now the time and date always wrong

N.T.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My GPS is broken the day one I got it.
Now I am plugging in to the camera directly; However, the time and date is always wrong. (either delay or reset completely).

Does the build in battery really that bad that cannot keep the time saved?

if it's always out by a specific amount it may be you have the timezone set incorrectly, it's a very common oversight

My GPS is broken the day one I got it.
Now I am plugging in to the camera directly; However, the time and date is always wrong. (either delay or reset completely).

Does the build in battery really that bad that cannot keep the time saved?

You need to expand on what issues are causing you to say "GPS is broken". Example.. Cord plugs in to GPS/base but fails to charge nor cause cam to turn on. OR.. Cam with cord plugged into GPS/base functions but GPS never connects. OR.. you have other issue(s)
Since you say that you are "now plugging into camera directly" , i doubt bad connection in ORANGE below, more likely bad connection between RED and GREEN below.
Any case, problem might be as simple as disconnecting GPS/base from cam (can be hard to do first couple times) then put GPS/base back on cam, repeat couple times then try it out again, it might just be bad connections between pins and base..
mini0805-gps-base.jpg mini0805-main-cam.jpg
mini0805-datetime.jpg

I set my time zone (for central time) from 00 to -5 and it shows correct time for me (plus setting correct date/time)

Last edited:
You need to expand on what issues are causing you to say "GPS is broken". Example.. Cord plugs in to GPS/base but fails to charge nor cause cam to turn on. OR.. Cam with cord plugged into GPS/base functions but GPS never connects. OR.. you have other issue(s)
Since you say that you are "now plugging into camera directly" , i doubt bad connection in ORANGE below, more likely bad connection between RED and GREEN below.
Any case, problem might be as simple as disconnecting GPS/base from cam (can be hard to do first couple times) then put GPS/base back on cam, repeat couple times then try it out again, it might just be bad connections between pins and base..
View attachment 14051 View attachment 14052
View attachment 14053

I set my time zone (for central time) from 00 to -5 and it shows correct time for me (plus setting correct date/time)
the microusb of the gps base is so loose that worked for 5 mins before it never turn on again.
problem is the microusb part, I don't have the solder nor know how to fix that.
And gearbest will need me to send it back to get it fix (come on, It will be a 2month round trip w/ shipping fees..)
So I just plug into the camera and use that (the camera itself is fine..except occasionally the time issue)

the microusb of the gps base is so loose that worked for 5 mins before it never turn on again.
problem is the microusb part, I don't have the solder nor know how to fix that.
And gearbest will need me to send it back to get it fix (come on, It will be a 2month round trip w/ shipping fees..)
So I just plug into the camera and use that (the camera itself is fine..except occasionally the time issue)

Hi, I just ordered a separate GPS mount:
free shipping and all :)
cheers Hans

I had the same problem too.

Already manually set the date&time, but after the gps signal located, the date&time random out once again even already set the timezone to +8...

Any idea on this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CrzRsn Mini 0805 2
M Mini 0805 1
M Mini 0805 3
I Mini 0805 7
J Mini 0805 13
Back