Budget dash cam

Geraint.thomas20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, looking for a dash cam. Nothing expensive. Was looking at a binatone DC200 HD. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.

guess you're on a budget if that's what you're looking at, it's a very low end product though

Cheapest I will recommend is the Blueskysea B1W - cheaper than a tank of fuel.

The 70Mai has a few quirks and issues to work through to get it going. It is the cheapest dashcam I can recommend as it's reliable with good video, but being battery-equipped it's not for hot climates. The B1W has supercaps, and is a better cam overall and a better value for the money even with it's slightly lower vid quality. Trying to go cheaper than these will almost certainly disappoint you. You don't get what you don't pay for!

Phil

Thanks for the replies all. I only want one just incase. The Binatone DC200 HD may not be the most amazing camera and I appreciate that you get what you pay for. I see loads on Groupon that look like good cameras but when you check out the spec they are not too hot.

Being in the LA heat, whatever you get needs to be super-cap equipped or it may not last even one summer. IMHO the B1W still leads the pack in best value for a low-cost dashcam. Good support, firmware updates, reliability, long life, and with decent video day and night are what gives it the edge over cheaper cams. And it's form-factor is top-level of any dashcam at any price :)

Phil

Back