Budget Rear Window Dashcam: Viofo A119 or Mobius Lens D

cheeze

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using G1WH as my front dashcam for 2 years. Last week, I almost got rear ended twice by two speeding cars but I can't get their license plates at all. Now, I want to buy a rear window dashcam but having hard times choosing between A119 and Mobius lens D (or maybe C2).
1. My rear window is tinted.
2. I live in Southern California so I want a dashcam that won't go out of focus under heat.
3. I take away my G1WH and put it the glove box when I left my car. But I don't want to do the same for the rear window one. I want the new dashcam small and stealthy.
4. I drive at night daily.

Thanks!

I'm a fan of the Mobius "B" as a rear cam. Small, discreet, highly reliable, especially in hot weather. The C2 lens set to narrow would be very similar to the B lens for FOV coverage. The only downside might be that low light performance is not so terrific compared to newer tech.

I've been experimenting with an Aukey D2-02 as a rear camera with decent results so far. (FOV is similar to the Mobius despite the stated 170º coverage) Not had enough experience with it to recommend it or pan it yet however but it is hard to beat for the price. ($69.99 on Amazon with periodic Lightning Deals at $52.49!)

If I were to go for any other wedge shaped cam for the rear it would be the A119.

P.S. The comprehensive exposure and imaging controls on the Mobius make it one of the better cams for dealing with tinted windows.

Last edited:
I've been using G1WH as my front dashcam for 2 years. Last week, I almost got rear ended twice by two speeding cars but I can't get their license plates at all. Now, I want to buy a rear window dashcam but having hard times choosing between A119 and Mobius lens D (or maybe C2).
1. My rear window is tinted.
2. I live in Southern California so I want a dashcam that won't go out of focus under heat.
3. I take away my G1WH and put it the glove box when I left my car. But I don't want to do the same for the rear window one. I want the new dashcam small and stealthy.
4. I drive at night daily.

Thanks!
"I want the new dashcam small and stealthy",you can have a look this new released module B1W :)

The only downside might be that low light performance is not so terrific compared to newer tech.

No argument against that.
But i must say if a car are stopped behind you, you should be able to read its plate by the rear light of your car, and other than that it is just darkness with 2 white lights in it a rear camera see at night, or maybe that added with a little extra at the side if you add the ambient light of a town and streetlights.
Daytime the mobius will still be just fine.

This are a demo of my mobius b lens in the back of my car at the time, driving around downtown where i live.

Last edited:
But i must say if a car are stopped behind you, you should be able to read its plate by the rear light of your car, and other than that it is just darkness with 2 white lights in it a rear camera see at night, or maybe that added with a little extra at the side if you add the ambient light of a town and streetlights.

This are a demo of my mobius b lens in the back of my car at the time, driving around downtown where i live.

I'd say we're on the same page. I wouldn't have three Mobius cams in my vehicle if they were not performing as well as they do.

Nice video

@cheeze out of curiosity, how do you plan on supplying power to your rear dash cam? I have an A119S and am contemplating this issue. At this time, looks like my best option is to use a splice connector to tap on the existing add a circuit I'm using for my front dash cam. Was wondering if there's an easier and/or nearer power source. I don't have a 12v accessory port in the back of my cars.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

If you run a long USB wire to the back, you better make damn sure its a high quality wire, i dident once and that cost me footage of the car ramming the car behind me into the rear of my car.
So since i am pretty involved in this dashcam stuff i tapped into a fuse and installed 3 X 12 V slots under my rear seat, at least this way i can test single cameras in the rear if i need to.

ATM i power my Left side camera and the rear camera off that 12 V grid,,,, or that is its actually just the Left side camera now as i am without a rear camera after the 0906 sadly died on me and i have not bothered as i assume i will get another dual channel camera to replace it soon.

Back