Buffered parking mode coming soon to the A129?

JamesC85

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
Anyone else see Viofo's youtube comment on Car Cam Central's new A129 review?They said that a firmware upgrade will be released in the near future that will support a buffered parking mode.

This is surprising to me as I thought the hardware in the A129 would not be able to support buffered parking mode. What are you guys thoughts on this? I would love to have this feature on my A129.

A129 buffered comment.PNG

Link to the review:

Anyone else see Viofo's youtube comment on Car Cam Central's new A129 review?They said that a firmware upgrade will be released in the near future that will support a buffered parking mode.

This is surprising to me as I thought the hardware in the A129 would not be able to support buffered parking mode. What are you guys thoughts on this? I would love to have this feature on my A129.

View attachment 44113
I confirm I saw VIOFO's comment on that video. I don't know how they will do it, but if they will, it will make this camera a best seller (if not already).

I confirm I saw VIOFO's comment on that video. I don't know how they will do it, but if they will, it will make this camera a best seller (if not already).

That's is exactly what I'm thinking. I'm very interested to see how this will be implemented. The buffered parking mode was really the only thing that I envied about the BlackVues and other high end cams, but if we are able to get a solid BPM on the A129, that will be incredible.

As a huge fan of my A129 Duo in general, I'd much rather they spent time responding to the handful of tickets I have already raised, and fixing the existing problems I and others have reported, before adding even more features for us to test.

Buffer parking mode would be a game changer for Viofo. With this they will be giving Blackvu and Thinkware a run for their money. The hardware is fast enough since it already supports motion detect and impact events. The limiting factor would be the amount of RAM available on board for the buffered video. I hope they can have a buffer of 3-5 seconds prior to an event is detected.

What is buffer parking meaning?
When an impact or motion is detected, a couple of seconds (typically 10 or 20) before and after the event will be saved to the camera’s SD card, in a special write protected folder so it doesn’t get overwritten.

Try to offer a beta version before Chinese new year, this one will only support front camera. And will support rear camera also with a new update after Chinese new year.
Works while using motion detection as parking mode.

Last edited:
Try to offer a beta version before Chinese new year, this one will only support front camera. And will support rear camera also with a new update after Chinese new year.
Works while using motion detection as parking mode.
Thanks for the update.

There are holidays in China for the Chinese new year (28.01 - 14.02). Maybe they will bring something after that.

So the beat supporting buffered parking mode for the front only is out? If so, anyone try it yet?

As the beta version only support front camera buffered parking recording, we will not this version for public testing.
Please kindly wait for new version.

I tested an early beta FW. It's promising, but needs more work before public release.
For the moment it is creating the needed files which are expected by the users.
The Buffered Parking Mode video files are 35 seconds long and contains 15 seconds before motion detect and 20 seconds after motion detect. This means that at second 12-15 of the video is the moment when motion was detected by the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

That is a good balance of before and after, and a good overall length. Should catch everything ;)

Phil

Will buffered parking mode work with a USB Powerbank? Can VIOFO make sure that it does if not?

Will buffered parking mode work with a USB Powerbank? Can VIOFO make sure that it does if not?
Yes, it works with a powerbank. The buffered parking mode does not rely on any ACC signal to function. It's always-on and uses motion detection to trigger a recording.

Back