Buffered parking mode not working?

jp493484

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, ive installed a viofo a129 (updated firmware as well) and connected it to cellink neo6.
When i park and leave my car im aware that my dashcam is running obviously because its connected to the cellink but i dont think its in buffered parking mode? When the car is off and i check the screen i just get the logo of a car and a person running beside of it (indicating motion detection?)
Ive set all the settings according to the viofo website for buffered parking mode: Auto event detection, high parking g sensor sensitivity, low motion detection and it does record a few instances of motion detection but also surely when i get into the car the movement of me closing my door should enable g sensor activity and start recording like that right?
Does anyone have any advice/settings that would allow me to get it into parking mode? Or maybe ive wired it wrong in my car, but ive connected all the cables correctly.

Turn motion detection off, and update the firmware...
Parking mode files have file names ending in PF or PR.

Turn motion detection off, and update the firmware...
Parking mode files have file names ending in PF or PR.
Firmware is updated to 1.9 i believe and Motion detection i have turned off but theres two motion detection settings, so one for normal driving i believe and one for parking mode, unfortunately the parking mode motion detection doesnt have an 'off' setting but the other one does.

Do you have any PF/PR files?

it does record a few instances of motion detection but also surely when i get into the car the movement of me closing my door should enable g sensor activity and start recording like that right?
In Buffered mode, recordings are triggered by movement within the image, if there is nothing visibly moving then it doesn't record. So if you walk in front of the car and then get in, you will get a recording, if you sneak up from the side and get in then you wont, and if it did record then there would be nothing to see anyway!

Recordings should be locked by the g-sensor, but hopefully not by you getting into the car otherwise there would be lots of unnecessary locked recordings filling up the memory card. However currently, with V1.9, I think the A129 Duo does not move these files to the RO folder so the g-sensor is not doing anything useful, until this is fixed you can use the low bitrate parking mode where the g-sensor does put files into the RO folder when the car is hit. Or use the Buffered which does record when it sees movement but then you don't know which file contains the hit, other than to visually check the video for when the car got moved by the impact.

Do you have any PF/PR files?

In Buffered mode, recordings are triggered by movement within the image, if there is nothing visibly moving then it doesn't record. So if you walk in front of the car and then get in, you will get a recording, if you sneak up from the side and get in then you wont, and if it did record then there would be nothing to see anyway!

Recordings should be locked by the g-sensor, but hopefully not by you getting into the car otherwise there would be lots of unnecessary locked recordings filling up the memory card. However currently, with V1.9, I think the A129 Duo does not move these files to the RO folder so the g-sensor is not doing anything useful, until this is fixed you can use the low bitrate parking mode where the g-sensor does put files into the RO folder when the car is hit. Or use the Buffered which does record when it sees movement but then you don't know which file contains the hit, other than to visually check the video for when the car got moved by the impact.
I checked the files last night and im sure i do have PR/PF files! Right okay, im just worried that if there was a little bump from the side or whatever then because ive turned motion detection on low for parking mode it may potentially not get the video, i might just leave it on low bitrate recording then because ive got a 256gb card so memory isnt an issue really

Low bitrate doesn't use a lot of memory, Buffered uses an undefined amount, if you park near a road, or near trees when there is a lot of wind then Buffered can use up more than Low Bitrate because it is constantly seeing things. The files locked by the g-sensor in Buffered Mode will be protected from overwrite anyway.

https://youtu.be/PQuQxHGG9q4
So that is my current settings - (car is completely off)
So you can see that when i first click on the camera the settings shown on the display dont show of a car with a P inside but a car and the little motion logo next to it and you can see the settings
Ive just changed the parking mode from auto-event detection to low bitrate and left everything as it is, Id rather have it record all the time than potentially if my car did get hit and for some reason it didnt record, but it did auto protect the file once i took the camera off the mount.

Back