Buffered Parking Mode with Power Magic Pro

The User Manual states that "For GPS version mount, use the female Mini USB port on the mount or on the camera’s side". So my understanding according to the Manual is that one can use either USB port to power the GPS version of the camera.
This was only on first batch of A119 V3. Cameras made in 2020 can support parking mode also from GPS mount.
Some problems with Parking Mode and A119 V3 are solved in future firmware V2.3.

enjoy,
Mtz

This was only on first batch of A119 V3. Cameras made in 2020 can support parking mode also from GPS mount.
Some problems with Parking Mode and A119 V3 are solved in future firmware V2.3.
What I have been trying to find out was not if parking mode is supported also from GPS mount but whether it is working in real life when using the GPS while powering the camera via the USB port on the camera's side and not using the 3-wire kit...

So far I have read some rumors that it would not work - and some other rumors that is (or might be) working... but it seems to me that no one has really tried this, so this problem remains unresolved, at least for now. Thank you everyone for your comments anyway. :)

What I have been trying to find out was not if parking mode is supported also from GPS mount but whether it is working in real life when using the GPS while powering the camera via the USB port on the camera's side and not using the 3-wire kit...

So far I have read some rumors that it would not work - and some other rumors that is (or might be) working... but it seems to me that no one has really tried this, so this problem remains unresolved, at least for now. Thank you everyone for your comments anyway. :)
Yes, the GPS module will also work with "reverse connection", ie. when connecting power directly through the USB port on the side of the camera.
If you use the standard USB module, which is specially designed for Viofo A119 V3, then there is no difference in which USB port you will supply power, but this does not look entirely logical, because the design of the contacts of this module was specially designed in order to without disconnecting any cables you could easily remove and put the dashcam

Yes, the GPS module will also work with "reverse connection", ie. when connecting power directly through the USB port on the side of the camera.
If you use the standard USB module, which is specially designed for Viofo A119 V3, then there is no difference in which USB port you will supply power, but this does not look entirely logical, because the design of the contacts of this module was specially designed in order to without disconnecting any cables you could easily remove and put the dashcam
I didn't know the GPS can be powered in reverse like that. @ANI In that case, parking mode should still work without the 3 wire kit. But unless you are sticking the GPS mount/camera all the way up/flush with the headliner or are using a right angled USB connector, I don't see why you would do this. I'm sure you'll test it out when your camera arrives.

Back