Buffered Parking mode

Just wanted to post this issue here in case anyone else is experiencing it as well.
(2x) A129 Duo V2.1
1 unit running a 64gb Samsung Pro Endurance
1 unit running a 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance

Both units are set for Auto Detect event.

What I am finding is Parking mode will loop over all Driving files until the SD card is full then, once the SD card is full, Camera will stop recording(in parking mode), Fast double beeps.. forsure stopped recording.
For the 64gb card/camera, this is about every 24hours.
For the 128gb card/camera, about every 48hours.

Currently doing an overwrite format on my computer now and will format again at the cameras just to see if it resolves anything.
(will update within 24-48hours)

Just wanted to post this issue here in case anyone else is experiencing it as well.
(2x) A129 Duo V2.1
1 unit running a 64gb Samsung Pro Endurance
1 unit running a 128gb Samsung Pro Endurance

Both units are set for Auto Detect event.

What I am finding is Parking mode will loop over all Driving files until the SD card is full then, once the SD card is full, Camera will stop recording(in parking mode), Fast double beeps.. forsure stopped recording.
For the 64gb card/camera, this is about every 24hours.
For the 128gb card/camera, about every 48hours.

Currently doing an overwrite format on my computer now and will format again at the cameras just to see if it resolves anything.
(will update within 24-48hours)
Did you install V2.1 in both your cameras or did they come with it?

I've given up, i tried out v2.1 again and its just "not" functional, sad thing is it probably wont be updated on this camera anymore, but the newer models have the same or just as many park mode issues as this one, clearly it all just stems from bad coding/firmware or just a inherent inability in the hardware common across all cameras that they can't work around....

So i'm rolling back to v1.5 and calling it a day on this camera. I've had this duo and a 119 before it and always played the "just wait, they'll fix it in newer firmware" and its always same, slow updates, updates bring more issues than they fix (cause they literally never test them properly) and in the end, after a year, they drop a new camera model and just support for the camera they promised features on and never fixed or delivered on.

Time to save for a higher priced camera that actually does its supposed to do.....

Working with VIOFO over email support. they just sent me a new firmware to try after i verified the low bit recording was working fine.
currently formatting my new 256gb card and will load and test the new firmware today.
It maybe slow, but im glad viofo is doing something rather than nothing...

Edit; I was given V2.2 Build: 20201217 in contrary to VVS49 posted above.

Last edited:
Been running on 1.5 dont even bother with buffered parking. Just put that time youre spending testing the firmwares and buy the largest sd card you can put in your cam and enable low bit rate recording. it works all the time on mine

Been running on 1.5 dont even bother with buffered parking. Just put that time youre spending testing the firmwares and buy the largest sd card you can put in your cam and enable low bit rate recording. it works all the time on mine
I definitely understand where you are coming from. If you want a set and forget, yes, go 1.5.

I love the function of the buffered parking mode, just a matter of a few quirks to work out in my opinion.

V2.2 update;
Checked the camera via my phone app today. While parking mode was working, it wasn't saving to the dedicated parking mode folder(app view).
I just did a Factory reset(couldn't remember if I did when I updated), reset my settings and formatted the card again as I hoped.
I'll Check the app again tonight to see if it was fixed by the factory reset.

Edit;
Preforming the button reset and reformatting did not fix the issue of not separating the parking files.

Last edited:
Updated to V2.2 firmware. Found that even though on the app I set "Parking Mode"="Auto Event Detection", when I go to the unit itself and use the buttons it still showed "Low Bitrate Recording". So on the unit I set "Parking Mode"= "Auto Event Detection", then the app shows "Low Bitrate Recording". Then on the unit I set "Enter Parking Mode Timer"=90 seconds (only options are 90 seconds and Off), and then auto event detection parking mode seemed to work last night (state of everything is unit shows "Parking Mode"= "Auto Event Detection", app shows "Parking Mode"= "Low Bitrate Recording"). However, the files still don't go into the parking files area on the app. The app also does not have a "Enter Parking Mode Timer" setting. I feel like I'm testing beta code. Maybe it will get better?

Last edited:
Updated to V2.2 firmware. Found that even though on the app I set "Parking Mode"="Auto Event Detection", when I go to the unit itself and use the buttons it still showed "Low Bitrate Recording". So on the unit I set "Parking Mode"= "Auto Event Detection", then the app shows "Low Bitrate Recording". Then on the unit I set "Enter Parking Mode Timer"=90 seconds (only options are 90 seconds and Off), and then auto event detection parking mode seemed to work last night (state of everything is unit shows "Parking Mode"= "Auto Event Detection", app shows "Parking Mode"= "Low Bitrate Recording"). However, the files still don't go into the parking files area on the app. The app also does not have a "Enter Parking Mode Timer" setting. I feel like I'm testing beta code. Maybe it will get better?
Hi syndex,
Latest official FW for A129 Duo is 2.1 @https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000087812-viofo-a129-duo-dash-cam-firmware. Viofo did have a few beta FWs about even up to 2.3 but then went back to 2.1 for some reason?
Parking mode timer , more settings e.g. 30 mins 1 hr etc become available when you enter into the timer settings in the menu.

If you use low bitrate parking mode, then those parking files are probably among the regular files, at least they are with another brand camera i use, they are easy to spot as they are much smaller.
On that camera i also have G-sensor on ( when parked ) to indicate,,,,, and lock major events, and i just use parking guard for 1 hour on the times as thats all i need.

I will be hard wiring my A139 camera this weekend, and so will be able to know a bit more on that and in association with the APP, otherwise i have no viofo knowledge as the A139 are my first camera of theirs.
I would assume the cameras function much the same in regard to parking mode, at least newer ones with hardware much the same.

. The app also does not have a "Enter Parking Mode Timer" setting. I feel like I'm testing beta code. Maybe it will get better?
you're using a firmware that doesn't have an updated app version yet to match so some menu settings won't work via the app, better to set it by the camera if using a newer version

Considering that we're in July of 2021, what's the firmware that gives less trouble with the buffered parking mode?

Viofo is working on firmware
There is already 2.3T firmware - test, the parking lot there is completely working !!
But there are still other bugs !!
Work is underway !!
And what's the result ?

Back