Buffered Parking mode

Here's what ive found with my testing.

1: Camera no longer switches to parking mode (with a properly wired 3-wire hardwire kit) when turning off the car, it "waits" the minute or 2 of no movement before switching.
Going back the other way (parking mode to driving mode) is fine, as soon as i switch the key on, it changes over a few seconds later.
Apparently, that is intentional. The delay is set at 3 minutes.

2: In event parking mode the camera doesn't "keep recording" at the end 30 seconds if somethings moving, it stops then starts another 30 second video.
This means theres a lot of "doubled up" video from the buffered mode (ie 15 seconds from the previous 30 second video). Wheres realistically isn't it supposed to just keep recording up to your preset loop length? (ie 1,3,5 minutes/etc)
Just wasted card space but atleast its all getting recorded even if it is twice.
Buffered videos have always been 45 second duration on the A129. Yes, there is sometimes an overlap.

All in all though, big step in the right direction, feeling like i can trust event mode enough to leave it on constantly now! rather than leaving it in low bitrate mode
(y)

Yes, I have to close my door very firmly to trigger the g-sensor. However, at other times, I noticed there were g-sensor triggered events in the middle of the night when nothing happened. This occurred perhaps 4 or 5 times overnight. If the sensitivity was set any higher, I fear there would be too many false-positive event recordings.
I’ve had a similar experience. G-sensor triggers upon closing my door while in parking mode (happens about half the time). I’ve also had locked files when nothing occurred. Wind was minimal. Had about 3-4 locked files over a 7 hour parking period and no one around.

I’ve had a similar experience. G-sensor triggers upon closing my door while in parking mode (happens about half the time). I’ve also had locked files when nothing occurred. Wind was minimal. Had about 3-4 locked files over a 7 hour parking period and no one around.
I don't know if the g-sensor in parking mode can be tuned to respond to certain frequencies? If not, so that all we have is an amplitude threshold, then perhaps the sensitivity in the latest FW is as good as it gets on this camera.

I don't know if the g-sensor in parking mode can be tuned to respond to certain frequencies? If not, so that all we have is an amplitude threshold, then perhaps the sensitivity in the latest FW is as good as it gets on this camera.

I think generally g-sensors are always going to be unreliable. When I installed my B1W it seemed to lock the file on doors closing but when I checked the footage last night it had no footage in the RO folder at all, and it's been at least a week since I formatted the sdcard.

Low Bitrate Parking Mode - G-Sensor Test
FW V1.9T2 Build 20191106

Low bitrate parking mode. Test impact by closing door firmly. G-sensor triggered. File saved in DCIM>Movie>RO folder.

Last edited:
Buffered Parking Mode - G-Sensor Test
FW V1.9T2 Build 20191106

Buffered parking mode. Test impact by closing door firmly. G-sensor triggered. 45s file saved in DCIM>Parking folder. Parking G-Sensor set to HIGH.

1573565065445.png

Buffered Parking Mode - G-Sensor Test
FW V1.9T2 Build 20191106

Buffered parking mode. Test impact by closing door firmly. G-sensor triggered. 45s file saved in DCIM>Parking folder. Parking G-Sensor set to HIGH.

So after all the complaining I’ve seen in this thread by a select few about the G sensor not working in parking mode, Viofo did actually fix the G sensor problem like some testers were saying would happen?

So after all the complaining I’ve seen in this thread by a select few about the G sensor not working in parking mode, Viofo did actually fix the G sensor problem like some testers were saying would happen?
The G-sensor does work in parking mode. I'm sure some A129 owners will complain that the G-sensor is still not sensitive enough. However, myself and others have noticed a few false-positive g-sensor triggered events, so increasing the sensitivity even higher may not be a practical option, at least with this hardware.

Hi I have a question
to park mode
If it comes to a hit you will be notified by the 129 dou or pro on the app (then I connect the cam and the phone) or I get into the vehicle?

I'm still looking for a dashcam and there they are
Thinkware u1000 and the Viofo good in the race
The Blackvue is out there because she should have problems with heat.
Gladly you can help me here in the thread .https: //dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-u1000vs-blackvue-900-2-ch-vs-viofo-129-pro-duo.40998/
Thanks in advance

Hi I have a question
to park mode
If it comes to a hit you will be notified by the 129 dou or pro on the app (then I connect the cam and the phone) or I get into the vehicle?
No, if an event is triggered during parking mode, the Viofo cameras do not notify you when you return to the car

how do you realize that something happened?
You do not look every day to see if there was a vibration on the vehicle.
If I understand correctly, movements and vibrations are recorded
Thus, I would then every day in my app to see if a video file is deposited extra

Yes, but they would say it wasn't fixed in a timely matter. One was PROMISED in a month back in August and the other was PROMISED by end of October.

Damn Viofo for breaking promises! Damn them and their lies! LOL

(promises were NOT actually made, except in their minds)

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
how do you realize that something happened?
You do not look every day to see if there was a vibration on the vehicle.
If I understand correctly, movements and vibrations are recorded
Thus, I would then every day in my app to see if a video file is deposited extra
I do not want to rely on an impact sensor and an app to tell me if something happened to my car.
I take a quick look around my car before I get in. If I park in an area with high risk, I take a longer look around the car.

No, if an event is triggered during parking mode, the Viofo cameras do not notify you when you return to the car

@TonyM , can you suggest to Viofo to add such feature? Blackvue do it and it is fantastic (and honestly required to make parking mode genuinely useful). I also like how in time lapse or low bitrate modes if the Blackvue detects a G sensor event it will switch into buffered mode to record that event, then switch back. Brilliant and refined way of doing it.

Yes, but they would say it wasn't fixed in a timely matter. One was PROMISED in a month back in August and the other was PROMISED by end of October.

Damn Viofo for breaking promises! Damn them and their lies! LOL

(promises were NOT actually made, except in their minds)

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
haha

I do get what you’re saying and I agree it should have been working from day one. They need to test products correctly before releasing. I see this nonsense time and time again. I’m finding more and more products from all types of manufacturers these days don’t work correctly out of the box and may never do so. I have now come to expect problems with anything I purchase.

Take my $1600USD Galaxy S10+ mobile phone. The fingerprint reader is unreliable. They keep releasing updates to improve it (8 months AFTER release) and it is getting better, then worse. Same with battery life. Who knows if they will ever fix the thing. Unacceptable and frustrating. It brings the whole phone down. How did any of this get through use case testing?

I was reading some members here (who are testers I believe?) said work is in progress on a fix and thankfully it did happen in the end. That’s good. Viofo should have not have given a timeline if they didn’t intend to stick to it. Just say it will happen and we are looking into it and say no more.

I do not want to rely on an impact sensor and an app to tell me if something happened to my car.
I take a quick look around my car before I get in. If I park in an area with high risk, I take a longer look around the car.

Yep that’s the best way but I want both! We need a way to mark / isolate parking events of interest. I guess this is what the buffered mode is for but its not reliable in general. Who wants to sit and fast forward footage all day to find 4 seconds of something of interest. Surely something can be done about that. We want the dashcam to work for us, not be slaves to our dashcams.

I go in the morning at 3 to work because you rarely look so closely. In the night you see anyway not much and plastic press in quickly but then comes out again so you see only paint damage who you have bad luck. Everything under the plastic damage you probably can not see if u have no paint Damage .

In short, the Dou 129 would be the best choice.
The thinkware and blackvue would just be a costly purchase that does not really make it that much better.
I have to admit 600 euros are already a lot of money. Because I live in a big city and there are people who take no consideration for other valuables I thought that would be the best option

The hartwire kit I would take from the Blackvue I read that there are often problems with the hw3 or was that fixed?

Thx for the answers

@OzAdam
What you write there I am your opinion with tester and that one should use the time otherwise to forward videos and rewind

I have a yi dashcam a 0815 device picks up on it handed me
But that was also all the experience I have.
I have the opportunity for free to install a cam.
but the more I read, the more uncertainty this brings to the daily

Last edited:
The hartwire kit I would take from the Blackvue I read that there are often problems with the hw3 or was that fixed?

I have the HK3 and it works perfectly on the A129 Pro Duo. In fact I wouldn’t use anything else. These cameras are apparently sensitive to not using the recommended power supply units.

but the more I read, the more uncertainty this brings to the daily

@neo5382 When I was deciding on dashcams recently, I considered Viofo A129 Pro Duo, Blackvue DR900S and Thinkware U1000. After much research I ordered the Viofo A129 Pro Duo. It has the best image quality of all of them. The Blackvue DR900S and Thinkware U1000 have better and more logical parking modes. If parking mode is what you want above other features, consider these other cameras.

The Thinkware U1000 has a radar box you can purchase to improve detection in parking modes. I don’t know how well it works. As with anything expect it to half work.

Edit: So far not very well it seems:

So yesterday I received and installed the radar module for my U1000 ...

it’s still too early for me to perceive any benefits, but from initial impressions, it appears to be quite effective at picking up movement in front of the car – even a breeze moving a plant is enough to wake it up. It seems here that Thinkware has a particular strength in engineering extreme sensitivity into their products, and that’s not necessarily a good thing.

On that note, I would probably be better off just setting the dash-cam to time-lapse footage – unless I actually reverse-parked my car up against a wall. The radar-unit has done absolutely nothing to minimise the false-alerts that I get from the overly sensitive accelerometer, which I have currently given up on and switched off.

All-in-all, the experience that I have so far with the U1000 has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
@OzAdam
I would not take the Radafunktion of Thinkware.
I think so synonymous just not so available.
I have a front heater and DAB I think he can not handle it

Yes, parking mode is important to me.
The only question is whether the high premium in Thinkware and BLackvue is worthwhile
I also had the 129 Pro in my eye.
The videos I could see. I found the 129 non pro clearer in the dark
In the forum somehow the opinion is divided to the new version

I found the 119v3, for example, in some videos better in the area of the license plate
In a German forum have also said few one should wait Viofo always needs 1-2 years before a version runs properly.
For example, the processing should be very unstable, the lenses should not always be well placed. Some air openings should be glued.
That's why I was a bit off the mark.
Hard decision .
I do not want to deviate too much from the topic here I link my question

I do get what you’re saying and I agree it should have been working from day one. They need to test products correctly before releasing. I see this nonsense time and time again. I’m finding more and more products from all types of manufacturers these days don’t work correctly out of the box and may never do so. I have now come to expect problems with anything I purchase.

Take my $1600USD Galaxy S10+ mobile phone. The fingerprint reader is unreliable. They keep releasing updates to improve it (8 months AFTER release) and it is getting better, then worse. Same with battery life. Who knows if they will ever fix the thing. Unacceptable and frustrating. It brings the whole phone down. How did any of this get through use case testing?

Yes, ideally the Viofo a129 "should have been working properly from day one"! But the fact is, Viofo has a predictable "perfect record" of releasing new dash cam models without fully testing hardware and firmware. - - Normal, smart buying logic says to "Never buy any new dash cam until after 6 months or more to allow the company to fix the bugs. Well, the A129 is now over 1 year old with new bugs!!!

Btw, here's a link for those who haven't seen it that talks about the many problems a129 users are experiencing more than a year after the dash cam has been released to the public:

Recently on another thread, "Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners", Sadoka mentioned he has purchased not one, not two, but six a129 Duo dash cams. And guess what? They all have problems!!! I guess he should not have had such high expectations from Viofo!!!

And another user, Valkyrie had been unable to get help from Viofo despite multiple requests (see attached post). One would think that answering a customer question would be rather simple, but not for Viofo. Meanwhile, some well-meaning individuals here on this forum will tell you that "Valkyrie was just expecting a little too much from Viofo!"

For those who are new to this forum/thread, you need to understand that Viofo has major problems with their a129 Dash Cam over a year after it was released. Some people here would like you to believe otherwise. I recommend you read Valkyrie's post and Sadoka's post, plus all the problems in the above-referenced thread and "make your own decision".

My recommendation would be, "If you can afford to buy a better dash cam from a better company, do it!" - - If you cannot afford a better product/service and are content with dealing with continuing problems such as Sadoka has, then take a chance on the Viofo Dash Cam...just be prepared for problems and real lousy customer service! - - Those are your obvious choices.

Attachments

• Valkyrie Can't Get Replies from Viofo.JPG
    Valkyrie Can't Get Replies from Viofo.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Look I am not going to get into this but this one post.

I personally go into purchases expecting no support from anyone because often there isn’t any. The retailer palms you to the manufacturer and the manufacturer usually doesn’t care or replaces it with something as bad or worse.

When it comes time to solve a problem seemingly many places don’t care once they have your money. That is my experience. I have had this experience with major brands including Ford, Samsung, ASUS etc.

When I contacted Samsung about the poor quality fingerprint reader and high idle battery drain on my new Galaxy S10+ they told me it’s normal and there is no problems even though many are complaining about the issue. That’s the end of that and they weren’t interested. The retailer won’t take it back either as they see nothing wrong with trying to unlock the phone after 6 tries. It’s user error or some nonsense. No – it’s untested and a poor rushed design. I was aware and knew what I was getting into before I gave them money. I can live with this as I can use other methods to unlock.

When my fancy ASUS high end motherboard failed ASUS didn’t even bother to respond. Nothing. Thankfully the retailer swapped it out. I got one with different problems. Now I don’t just buy without good research.

Viofo has a predictable "perfect record" of releasing new dash cam models without fully testing hardware and firmware.

This applies to many companies and products today. It's essentially a lottery. Most seem to be like this from what I have experienced. We are the testers as consumers and we might get a fix. It’s incredibly frustrating. This is why I research the heck out of my purchases. I still went with Viofo because it is the most reliable unit I have found with the video quality I wanted. So far it has delivered for me. If it didn’t I would get my money back and write off the brand and go for something else.

I always wait 6-12 months before purchasing a new product as it always has problems. I risked it this time with the A129 Pro Duo and SO FAR I have nothing wrong YET. I lucked out.

I passed on the very expensive Blackvue DR900S because of the constant problems with overheating, colour tinged footage, faulty rear cameras, mediocre video quality and general failures which I have observed and read about and that is a high priced “premium” product. One member here has had several replacements. My friend has had 2 so far in a year. Viofo’s products don’t do this in my experience and use cases. Therefore they are better quality / better design with a better image quality. I was ready to hand over double the cost of the A129 Pro Duo for a DR900S. Glad I did not go with the Blackvue.

There is no “better” product on the market – they all have issues and compromises. Some worse than others. Perhaps others have better customer service. I don't know. This is why it took me so long to settle on a new dashcam. I haven’t even heard about the Viofo brand till this year. They are not in shops or advertised in my country. Only online.

I understand your frustration but you now have a fix to the G sensor. Other problems remain yes. I don’t expect any help from Viofo to be honest. You have a 1 year warranty which can be considered repair/replacement. I could only hope if my unit fails I can get a replacement. Beyond that what it does is what I am stuck with. Any updates are frankly a bonus – that is how I have come to see products.

Sadoka mentioned he has purchased not one, not two, but six a129 Duo dash cams.
I don’t own an A129 Duo but why would you buy six if one doesn’t work correctly? Should have returned the one and said no more. Buy an A129 Pro Duo it seems to work well.

I appricate your warning about Viofo but reading your posts about Viofo dashcams did not put me off their cameras as I believe from my prior experience of owning one, research and viewing of the footage these are one of the top on the market at this point. They do what I want and they do it reliably for my usage scenarios.

I have a couple from them as a result and they have been flawless in my cars. I am happy with my purchase so far. Again this might change if they fail or start having faults.

I have not used Viofo's support as I have had no issues so I can't comment on this aspect personally.

Read lots of reviews. If you don’t like what you a reading then don’t buy the product. They all have faults. You have to pick what you can live with.

Last edited:
But the fact is, Viofo has a predictable "perfect record" of releasing new dash cam models without fully testing hardware and firmware. - - Normal, smart buying logic says to "Never buy any new dash cam until after 6 months or more to allow the company to fix the bugs. Well, the A129 is now over 1 year old with new bugs!!!
Should remember that on launch day there was no buffered parking mode, and no low bitrate parking mode, and no indication in the marketing that there ever would be. It was not released with the imperfections you keep on about even though you keep repeating that it was!

It was the first dashcam to support low bitrate parking mode, an innovative new feature that other manufacturers have since copied, and when the buffered parking mode was added, all the existing customers received it in a free firmware update even though it requires a hardware buffer to store the data, something that had been included in the original design and which the original customers had received unknown and at no extra cost.

Not sure why you are still going on about this when the imperfections in the new features now seem to have been removed and improvements made, still at zero cost to the owners!

Back