Buffered recording?

tonecas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Does the Thinkware F800 Pro has buffered parking mode?

From what I have read the motion detection and impact detection modes only start recording about 1s after the event.

If this is correct it seems to me a big limitation since it means there is no record of the prior moment of the event :|

For normal impacts recording during driving or parking, it has a buffer of about 9-10s.

What you have read is for energy saving parking mode, where the dashcam will only wake up from sleep and starts recording after an impact.

thanks.

and how does it work: by continuous writing to the SD card or by writing to an internal memory? I believe it should be the later...

Took me some time to find but I was sure I had read it somewhere. I thought it would be common knowledge for reviewers and widely advertised, but interestingly I can only find this information on my local Thinkware webpage.

Why DUAL SAVE TECHNOLOGY?
THINKWARE DASH CAM’s benchmarking technology – The DUAL SAVE function records
all events triggered by strong collisions onto the two separate memory systems:
The Nand Flash internal memory and the Micro SD external memory. This function ensures
that your recorded video will still be safely guarded in the internal Nand Flash in case the
external MicoSD gets compromised.

Dramatic video showing this:
Page for this info: https://thinkware.com.sg/693-2/

Can't find anything specific to F800 though. I assume all their dashcams have the feature.

Last edited:
yeah, it's hard to get detailed information. lots of marketing and non-thoroughly user reports and reviews.

Hey guys,

Our motion detection parking mode is buffered. If there is an impact on your vehicle, the dash cam will record 10 seconds before and 10 seconds after just like continuous recording mode.

Hey guys,

Our motion detection parking mode is buffered. If there is an impact on your vehicle, the dash cam will record 10 seconds before and 10 seconds after just like continuous recording mode.

but the buffering happens to an internal memory right? it is not saved to the SD card, only when an event is detected.

Back