Bug: Life Video Source Setting Not Saved in A129 Duo

WaldoX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I found a bug using v1.5 firmware as that has the useable parking mode, and suspect it is in all the later firmware's as well. let me know if this is fixed in the newest firmware.

when i set A129 Duo setting Live Video Mode to Rear Camera

LCD shows Rear Camera, but when 12v power is cut off and camera is rebooted the Rear Camera is not shown in the LCD. instead the default Front with rear overlaid is shown.

I use the LCD as a backup rear backup camera, and want to keep it on rear camera at all times.

I want the camera to remember the Live Video Mode Source setting and not go back to default after power is cut

What you are referring to is not parking mode...

It's awfully small to be very useful as a backup camera I would think...

not talking about parking mode. im talking about which lcd screen source it uses when it is on after a power cut. it should use the source as set per live video source, but it does not, it uses default (front plus rear overlaid)

Reactions: LMN
ok is latest firmware a129 duo "V2.3_20200328" any good for parking mode?
is motion or impact detection in parking mode usable and stable it in the newest firmware?
As far as I’m aware, I works as well as previous versions. Buffered parking mode was added in V1.8.

just tested v2.3, The bug is still there. after 12v power is cut. Live Video Mode still resets to Front video with rear overlay. it ignores the setting set previously which was "Rear Camera View".

Yes it is pretty normal that cameras reset to this front + rear PIP mode, it do annoy me a little, even if i of course do not look at the little screen aside for when i do settings changes.
Somehow i like to have the rear camera on the preview,,,,,, even if the image in my rear view mirror are 10 X larger and much better image quality,,,,,,,, when i think about it though i do shrug my shoulders and laugh at myself.

But its the same elsewhere.
I like that wires ASO in my computer are not seen, or at least very tidy, even if i can not see that when the case are not opened, i could maybe suffer from a mild case of OCD, as many other things i do not mind are a mess or random.
Actually i very much like random / entropy in some aspects.

if it can be set to saved to show rear view after 12v power break, then it can be a used as a poor man's reversing camera without having to fiddle with any buttons. it will just show the rear view at all times.

Indeed.
I could also do that in my car as its a hatchback and the hatch are flat and vertical, missing guide and distance lines you can adjust to, but i would prefer to just buy a proper reversing camera and plug that into my headunit with the 7" screen.

Reactions: LMN
just tested v2.3, The bug is still there. after 12v power is cut. Live Video Mode still resets to Front video with rear overlay. it ignores the setting set previously which was "Rear Camera View".
Did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu after updating? Do so if you did not. After manually defaulting the settings, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

tested v2.3 in a129 duo,reset the camera and did a reset in the app as well. set live video source to rear camera. any time i powered off the 12v line, the lcd booted at the default front camera with rear overlay.. looks like the camera dont save and restore the state properly still after 12v is cut.

tested v2.3 in a129 duo,reset the camera and did a reset in the app as well. set live video source to rear camera. any time i powered off the 12v line, the lcd booted at the default front camera with rear overlay.. looks like the camera dont save and restore the state properly still after 12v is cut.
Maybe try V2.1 since that's there version it was introduced.

Back