BULLETHD BIKER MATE & PRO WiFi (iOS/Android) 1080P Water Resistant Motorcycle DashCam Novatek 96655

Do you know what the bitrate is, and max power usage (in mA)? Very tempting to get 4 of these for each direction.

I just received an answer to the power question:

"The normal power usage for the Biker PRO/MATE is 500mAh. The max power usage is 550mAh."

I just received an answer to the power question:

"The normal power usage for the Biker PRO/MATE is 500mAh. The max power usage is 550mAh."
So with a 10,000mah battery pack, it'll be enough for around 20 hours.

I believe it comes with a built in battery. Any chance of a capacitor version ?

So with a 10,000mah battery pack, it'll be enough for around 20 hours.

I confirmed:

"Yes, this is correct."

I believe it comes with a built in battery. Any chance of a capacitor version ?

I'll ask and research if there is any possibility.

EDIT (got a response):

"There is a built-in battery 850mAh which can use around 1 hour plus. Customers may use a power bank for more power supply. I will pass the feedback to our engineers. They may consider (capacitor) in the future version."

Last edited:
Thanks for looking up that info!

I think the mount is not such an issue but the cable is very heavy duty and would be hard to route in a lot of installations (for car use I mean)

lots of bracket options are needed for bike use though

I was under the impression that the cable is a standard USB cable. Is it not (can't watch the videos)?

Thanks for looking up that info!

I was under the impression that the cable is a standard USB cable. Is it not (can't watch the videos)?

6.6mm thick braided shielding.
(Just over 1/4 inch)

6bd4ada85b098624bf43579c2a455629.jpg

Is this a USB compliant cable, or just a custom cable using USB connectors (assuming the connectors are even USB, hard to tell)? Trying to figure out if I could replace it with a skinnier/longer cable. Thanks for all the data!

The optic nerve cable is either mini or micro (I'll comfirm which) HDMI and it's a proprietary tapered connector to give a watertight seal. Standard off-the-shelf cables won't fit I tried.

EDIT: I confirmed it's a Mini HDMI connector

Last edited:
Hello, looks great ! I would have bought straight away if wouldn't have finished to install my own DIY dashcam... but will test it once my own setup decides to die !

that's exactly what I want to do, what power bank are you running?

hopefully energy usage will be on the lower end of the spectrum.

I am currently using a 3000mAh (I think) generic power bank connected to a Mini0801 with the GPS base on. We rode about 5 hours and the power pack still had over half a charge. I just zip tie the whole deal to my handlebar. It's not optimal but it can easily read license plates. Wind is a problem but I don't really care about the sound quality while in motion. I am going to try a bulletHD. In the past, I have mounted the camera to my helmet and ran the usb cable to the power pack in my back jersey pocket. Here is the current setup with the camera mounted to the pack. I hang it just under the handlebar right in the middle :
IMG_20150513_220449.jpg

Last edited:
This looks PERFECT for what I've been wanting for a while!

One thing that I can't seem to find, how much is an extra lens module?

The lens itself is not an accessory. If you want a secondary rear system you'll need to buy a second retail kit. This is a single channel DVR product.

The good thing is the 12v to 5v USB power supply has two ports so you can power two main units off one power supply.

The reason I was asking is that by having the remote lens, it would presumably be a lot cheaper to replace just the lens if someone decided to steal it. For me, that's always been the huge plus of having a remote lens with the brains of the unit located in a more secure location.

They seem to market the "interchangeable lens" pretty heavily so I would assume that would be the case, unless they just have some other plans with the lens in the future to have different form factors or something.

Seems like a really great product though, it's been added to my wishlist for sure. I'd have already bought one if not for the fact that I have 10 parts already sitting around that I have to install on my bike!

That's a good point. Maybe they have plans on creating different wide angle lens choices. I've sent an email to my factory contact with these questions and will let everyone know.

Awesome, thanks! You'll have an order from me for a Pro and chassis mount before too long I think!

Back