BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Or Skype and go through the process if both parties are ok with that.

@Larry Kopenkoskey

Hi, yes I don't run the bullethd.us site that's the direct manufacturer. Please mail your unit to me and I'll sort it all out. I'll send a private message shortly. Please check your inbox in the upper right. My Pier28, Inc. business card should have been included in the box as well.

The update needs to be done on a 32GB card. If you're using 64GB it might not work.

When you send it to me I'll also upgrade the camera housing and DVR base with the new v2 cable clip strain reliefs and give you the new v2 optic nerve HDMI video cable.

~Jon

Last edited:
Badda bing - Badda boom :D things move on nicely, the other thing was a wtf ?????? that cant be o_O

Hello Jon,
I appreciate your help, Thank You.
I returned a PM to you.

Hi Larry just received your Biker Pro today.

Good news

-firmware updated no problem. (I used a 32GB Kingston microSD card)

-Lens housing and main unit base mount was replaced with the new v2 strain relief editions. (including new cable clamps)

-"Optic Nerve" HDMI cable was replaced with the new v2 enhanced edition. (new factory)

Quality Check test all passed with flying colors, perfect focus and app connects just fine.

I'm sending it back your way and will private message you the tracking number shortly.

~Jon

Bet Larry is kicking himself for all that grief trying to contact those other guys :D now we just need him to get his camera back from Jon so we can see it on his new ride, and maybe a little footage from it.

PS. shouldent we have a "how is your MC dashcam mounted" thread ??

Thank You Jon,
I'm looking forward to getting it installed on my Gold Wing. Unfortunately, it will be a while before I can go for a Ride and test it out.
We got our first snow this weekend here in Michigan. Won't be long though and we'll be heading for Florida. Of course we ALWAYS tow the bike down behind the 5th wheel.

Oh Yes! There are several thing I need to to do yet to this new-to-me bike. I had a 'get-off' back in August where my old GoldWing was totaled.
After a couple of months of healing, (three broken ribs was the worse injuries) I purchased this bike, a 2008 level four GW.
I had purchased the BulletHD for the old bike (a 2007 GW) but didn't get it installed before I left on a trip. Too bad, I could have gotten a great video of that semi that pushed me off the road.

Ouch that's not fun, I'm glad you healed up. Your 2.0 motorcycle (GoldWing) should be a nice comfortable vacation cruiser.

I had nearing 80K miles on my last GW and about 250K on motorcycles over the years.
It's my favorite way to travel in the summer. When in Florida over the winter we always take to GW with.

Hi Larry just received your Biker Pro today.

Good news

-firmware updated no problem. (I used a 32GB Kingston microSD card)

-Lens housing and main unit base mount was replaced with the new v2 strain relief editions. (including new cable clamps)

-"Optic Nerve" HDMI cable was replaced with the new v2 enhanced edition. (new factory)

Quality Check test all passed with flying colors, perfect focus and app connects just fine.

I'm sending it back your way and will private message you the tracking number shortly.

~Jon
Great service!

Hi All, my cam was working initially (for a few hours), but then quit, with the same symptoms as in the OP.
Really really upset about it.
I purchased it through Amazon.ca back in Oct last year, about a month after my bike accident and have not had a chance to install or use it up until now.
So after about a week of making brackets and running wires I completed the installation today. It only lasted for a total of 6 video clips, (the last one was unreadable).

Don't even know where to start looking for an issue. Is it a faulty optic cable? A cam body? Do I need to take it all apart and ship it back? That will be a bit complicated as I shipped it to my address in Canada and I live in Thailand. I picked it up on my last trip home and installed it on my bike here in Thailand.
Dunno what to do.

Attached is Amazon order confirmation. Why was it sent from Japan by the way??
screenshot-area-2016-01-06-220401.png

Shurup, Sorry for your problems. You paid a premium price it looks like too. (Canadian price?)

I have not installed mine yet but after reading about the problems with them, don't think I will. I suggested that I'd sell it and had two folks interested but when I asked $150, one of them said he had seen them on ebay (new) for $125.

Hi @Shurup, who fulfilled your Amazon.ca order? The "buy box" of that listing is always changing due to some strange Japanese retailers moving in now and again. Was it shipped and fulfilled by Amazon or non-Amazon Merchant such as Pier28? If you're not sure let me know your order number and I'll look it up. All direct shipping non Amazon FBA stock stock shipping out of our main office was the latest batch around the date you mentioned. The first batch has been sold out for some time now. The only thing that changed was the cable and the strain relief. We have spares to enhance the original units if you need one. Even if you didn't buy from Pier28 I can make sure you're taken care of. I've sent a few dozen new v2 cables and new strain relieve housings/clips out. This is a new product that is finally maturing into a stable product.

@Larry Kopenkoskey your system should be good to go now, don't you want to at least give it a try? We have quite a few happy customers into 2016 now. Sorry about the new product growing pains everyone. It's usually unavoidable it seems with any new product unfortunately.

Thanks for a reply Pier28, the order number is on a screenshot in my 1st post (my email screenshot), and looking at the screenshot in my 2nd post it says it was sold by Pier28 and fulfilled by Amazon.

This is (and was at the time of purchase) the only seller on amazon.ca selling these cams.

. Why was it sent from Japan by the way??

We couldn't find your order 702-9169486-7584246
None of our order numbers start with 702-
We don't have any warehouses in Japan either. It seems you did buy it from the Japanese
seller that continues to sneak into our Canada.ca listing.

0gVZxkx.png

Ok this amazon stuff is really confusing how can one seller sneak and sell their products through the other sellers store? I swear it was the only seller at the time when I bought it. I actually considered buying from amazon US but ended up buying from CA to a wood all the shipping and customs hussle.

Regardless, you mentioned that you could help me and send me a new version cable, even if I didn't buy from you. I would really appreciate it and would like to ask what are the chances of you sending it direct to my address in Thailand?

Back