BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Thanks for the private message reply, a complete upgrade kit including the new redesigned v2 HDMI video cable is on the way to Thailand. (happy to help out here)

Honestly it was the best customer service I've ever experienced! Thanks a lot and I only hope that it is indeed a faulty cable and not something else.

Can't fault Pier28's Customer Service, it's top notch.
That being said, if I get a chance to sell it, I will. It was suppose to work on Androids, but when it didn't work with mine, only then did I find out,... "well, not with ALL androids. It's suppose to work with 4.3 and up, I understand. Mine is a 4.4 and it doesn't. The only way to view the videos is to pull the mini SD card. Too small for my fat fingers.
I'm very disappointed in the unit.

Jon, I appreciate your help but it doesn't work now. If I install it on the bike, it will be worth even less.

Can't fault Pier28's Customer Service, it's top notch.
That being said, if I get a chance to sell it, I will. It was suppose to work on Androids, but when it didn't work with mine, only then did I find out,... "well, not with ALL androids. It's suppose to work with 4.3 and up, I understand. Mine is a 4.4 and it doesn't. The only way to view the videos is to pull the mini SD card. Too small for my fat fingers.
I'm very disappointed in the unit.

Jon, I appreciate your help but it doesn't work now. If I install it on the bike, it will be worth even less.

Sorry for the disappointment, I'm not quite sure why your android device isn't compatible. It's defiantely a lot easier for developers to write universal iOS compatibility when it comes to WiFi based apps on other products out there.

Gee Larry, sorry to hear your disappointed in this camera, I was just telling my wife that she could get me this for my birthday...... (No, I don't want to buy yours....)

I was going to get 2 of them, one for the front and one for the back of the wing...... Not sure now, even though the customer support seems great, I want something reliable, ease of wifi use so if Im driving down the road I could control either unit. But most importantly, It has to be reliable, or all is for not. I hate nothing more than having to mail something brand new out of the box back for upgrades. and repairs.

If you still have your unit in June Larry, bring it to the M&G and we can look at it. John (Halfling) and I are going to be in Florida sometime in March, maybe we could get together this year while we are there!!

@jobe05 We've shipped quite a few of these now and don't currently have any other reported/unresolved Wifi android/iOS connection issues in the last few months. No Christmas returns yet as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

Let me ask you a couple of questions about these.

Do the new ones ship with updated firmware? How often will updating be necessary...... roughly?

If I get 2, one for the front of the bike, one for the back, I had heard it said on one of the videos I had seen that the power supply will connect to 2 cameras, is that correct? Like I said. I heard him say that in the video, but did not see what he was actually talking about.

Wifi - Again, in a video I heard or a forum I read that if you use 2 cameras, you can rename the Wifi connections, i.e. camera front, Camera back Is that true? If it is, I assume to operate both, I would have to switch wifi connections to do so? Or will the one wifi connection let me chose camera #1 or Camera #2?

Whats the best video editing software if you know, I realize this is not part of the camera software.

Latest firmware will be pre-applied /included in all shipping units today. I've seen 3 firmware releases since last Summer's launch 2-3 months apart. This is pretty standard with any new product. If they add a new feature you need or want updating in the future is easy.

One Power supply can power two biker systems correct. Just rename the SSID wifi names to be unique correct. You connect to one at a time.

Best editing software is http://registratorviewer.com

Like I said, I was going to order 2 of these cameras, But.......
Whats up with the Magix software that is advertised for "FREE" on the bottom of the BulletHD page, but after spending an hour downloading it, unpacking and installing it, this "FREE" software wants a serial number. There is a link to get a serial number, so I hit that and I go to a sign in or create account page. I didn't have an account (Nor want one) but fill out the personal information and create an account. Then it says it has emailed me a serial number via email. I open my email and low and behold I get a $15 off coupon....... No serial number, Like they said.... I hate deceptive advertising like that..... and now they have my personal information...... Not happy with dealing with this camera so far, and I don't even own one yet.....

Like I said, I was going to order 2 of these cameras, But.......
Whats up with the Magix software that is advertised for "FREE" on the bottom of the BulletHD page, but after spending an hour downloading it, unpacking and installing it, this "FREE" software wants a serial number. There is a link to get a serial number, so I hit that and I go to a sign in or create account page. I didn't have an account (Nor want one) but fill out the personal information and create an account. Then it says it has emailed me a serial number via email. I open my email and low and behold I get a $15 off coupon....... No serial number, Like they said.... I hate deceptive advertising like that..... and now they have my personal information...... Not happy with dealing with this camera so far, and I don't even own one yet.....

I'm not familiar with Magix, must be something new. Let me look into it and figure out what's going on. I know they just switched to a completely new server last week. The old domain was bullethd.us and now it's bullethd.com.
Stand by and I'll get some answers.

If you would, pm me your info and I'll call you tomorrow It getting late here

Whats up with the Magix software that is advertised for "FREE" on the bottom of the BulletHD page

Here is an update from the factory about the Magix software:
TL;DR: (coming soon, early web designer slip-up)

"HI Jon,

Sorry for late reply! I just found this email.

Magix Fastcut is a software to edit videos. We wanted to let our customers download and use the software free of charge. We are still testing the software. Our designer was too early to put the download link on the website. We are fixing it now and hope will be able to use it soon. I will keep you update on it. Sorry to cause you trouble!

Many thanks"

Quick question regarding the camera's Wifi. I know it shuts off after no activity: #1 - What is considered activity? Wifi? Or power on? #2 - when the bike is powered on, does the unit's Wifi automatically come on, or does a physical button have to be pushed? (For location purposes on the install of the units)

Not clear on your answer to #2. Im speaking only with regard to the Wifi, Not the recording of video, I think I have that understood. Upon starting the bike, does the Wifi come on? i.e. I start the bike, driving down the highway a half hour later, can I open the app on my phone and be able to connect?

Wifi only comes on after you press the button. (No auto wifi on option). This is pretty typical with any DashCam / actioncam that has wifi.

I suspect it's to keep wifi connection conflicts from occurring and it's less punishing in the hardware.

Back