BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

You should format 64GB SDXC cards FAT32 as they will arrive exFAT from the factory. 32GB SDHC cards will give you best results as they come FAT32

Both of my present, no name 64gb cards were formatted to fat32. I think they are just cheap cards.

The new transcend cards that I got specifically say that they are for Automotive type Video recordings, so they hold up to the constant movement.

HELP, just set up my camera system and it tested okay. Took it out for a test run and nothing. The red lights come on give one long beep, 6 or 7 short beeps and shuts off. Any ideas????

HELP, just set up my camera system and it tested okay. Took it out for a test run and nothing. The red lights come on give one long beep, 6 or 7 short beeps and shuts off. Any ideas????

Hi Wayne I just responded to your contact us email but got some EarthLink spam protection response I couldn't get past so not sure you received my response.

that behavior condition is most likely one of the following reasons.

1) Firmware settings are in an unstable condition.

In the settings.txt file change
DEFAULT_SETTING = 0
to
DEFAULT_SETTING = 1

Re-insert card, power on, and it will flush out the system. Try running it in the default state without changing anything but wifi name for several days

2) You could have a intermittent HDMI video cable. We can send anther one. (this usually fixes the stuck solid red eyes)

3) Your power supply could be intermittently under powered. We've replaced the power supply in the past to fix similar behaviors. if you have an external USB power bank you can bypass your power supply and test with that. Also you should have 1 camera per power supply. We are finding that using one power supply to power two units is not stable. (Don't charge a phone on the second USB port for example.

4) running any of the wires too close to spark plug wires can cause instability. Customers rerouted wires to the other side of the bike with success.

5) using red/grey SanDisk cards are not supported. Transcend is best. 32GB is the most stable.

What firmware version are you running? Latest one increased stability. If you just bought it, will already have the latest though.

I have the latest firmware I think BP2016030901.
I'm running only one camera.
The lights aren't solid they beep and go off.
I DO have aSandisk Ultra but it seemed to work okay during installation.

SanDisk ultra uses a non standard proprietary controller that doesn't play nice in Novatek (and other) DashCam products. Try a new 32GB Transcend, Lexar, or PNY microSD card.

Rule out a bad power supply by using a USB power bank or smartphone USB wall charger. (Don't use computer USB port)

Thanks, I'll try the different power source now to see if it helps. Will haffa go out and buy a different disk. I have a no name 64gb but I can't format it to fat32

Okay, plugged the power into the USB plug and the unit fired up and stayed on. Going to run it up and down the road next to see what happens. Will get back in a few minutes

Back from ride, started off okay but then quit and now the red lights stay on. I have everything disconnected but lights still on!!

Which of the troubleshooting steps did you try? If it's stuck on you'll need to wait for the internal battery to die as there is no reset.

I switched power to a usb port on the trike. It started off fine and ran for a couple minutes, then stopped and the red lights are on stready even as I type.

USB ports built into cars/bikes are generally only 500mAh and won't be enough power for the camera. The underpowered state will cause the lockup condition you described. Need a solid 1A and many adapters don't meet the advertised specs as well. Ports marked 2.1A are best.

The set up is a cigarette type socket with a usb port plugged in. It will run my GPS and Sirius radio, which are both 2amp i believe

So I got to wait til battery dies and try again? Based on the mini test I think there is a power issue

If the camera was underpowered this lockup state will happen from time to time. It will always return to normal after you let it die but might might take an hour or more.

Back