BULLETHD BIKER PRO - Problems

Richard Truax

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my BULLETHD BIKER PRO WiFi enabled camera on October 9th. it was ordered through Amazon and promptly shipped from Pier28. (Excellent service!)

I was initially very pleased with the features and performance. Now the unit has failed on two fronts:

1- I can no longer connect via wi-fi. The “eye” does not change color as it did at first. My phone does not show a wi-fi signal from the camera. This was my first problem and I ignored it, thinking I needed to do some research to see if I was doing something wrong. Before I got to that I realized that there is a more serious problem.

2- Now nothing records on the micro sd card. I have tried 3 different cards. Without wi-fi, I had to format them in the computer. Each newly formatted card gets the default settings file added to it, but no video and is otherwise blank after powering on the camera for a few minutes. The lights appear to function as they did before I began to have problems. This does not seem like a card error.

The camera is mounted on my bicycle and has not suffered any impacts or high temperatures. Initial videos were good. Power is via a power bank.

Any suggestions?

Was wi-fi was working before?

On 2, does the audio still works even if there is no video or there is no file?
Try a different card and see if the card is bad.
Test with h2testw software.

What are the power bank specs? It's possible it's been under powered and the CPU was boarder line stressed as you need a full stable 1A and some power banks are between 500mA and 1A. Can you try powering it via the included power supply or an android/iPhone usb wall charger?

What is the exact light color, blink pattern, and beep sound when it powers up? It's possible you have a bad optic nerve hdmi video cable. I have a new v2 resigned cable coming in this weeks shipment. They actually changed factories for the cable and it's. a much better design. Your behavior possibly matches a bad failed cable. Please contact me via private message or email and I'll send you a new one for starters.

New cable photo I took while in Hong Kong:
ec999f9e51ca69f7c27c4558d4e60b36.jpg

Last edited:
Was wi-fi was working before?

On 2, does the audio still works even if there is no video or there is no file?
Try a different card and see if the card is bad.
Test with h2testw software.
Wi-fi worked initially and I was able to connect with the app. Four different cards, including a brand new one, have been used with the same lack of image capture although the text file was written to each. I'll test each with h2testw later and post the results.

What are the power bank specs? It's possible it's been under powered and the CPU was boarder line stressed as you need a full stable 1A and some power banks are between 500mA and 1A. Can you try powering it via the included power supply or an android/iPhone usb wall charger?

What is the exact light color, blink pattern, and beep sound when it powers up? It's possible you have a bad optic nerve hdmi video cable. I have a new v2 resigned cable coming in this weeks shipment. They actually changed factories for the cable and it's. a much better design. Your behavior possibly matches a bad failed cable. Please contact me via private message or email and I'll send you a new one for starters.

New cable photo I took while in Hong Kong:
ec999f9e51ca69f7c27c4558d4e60b36.jpg
I have used a couple of power banks which claim 2 amp output. Also used several cell phone chargers and even fired it up using the internal battery. None of these results in the generation of any video files on any of the cards tested, although the .txt file is written to the clean format cards.

The power button results in the two "eyes" having a faint bluish red color for about a second and then glowing bright red as 3 beeps are produced. Each beep occurs at the same time as the led on top produces a faint blue light. Everything is the same on both external power and internal battery except that the top led turns red at the same time the "eyes" do. In all cases the red led on the lens unit illuminates at the same time as the "eyes".

I would guess that a bad optic nerve cable could produce the lack of captured video files. Would a bad cable also be responsible for the loss of the wi-fi?

Correct, wifi doesn't operate when there is a video fault or no card is inserted. I think you need a new v2 video cable. It fixed up another customers same issue. If you bought it via Pier28 please email or private message me your order number and shipping address.

I have a new BulletHD Biker Pro. Have been having a hard time getting the proper version of software installed in the controller. What WAS pre-installed was version "BP2015050402". With over 25 emails back and forth I still can't get the "BP20151015" version installed.

Anyone want to buy the camera? I'll give ya a good deal. I'm sick of it.
Email me at "larrykopen@gmail.com".

I have gone through the steps at least a dozen times as per the instructions.

I make sure the older version has been deleted first before downloading the newer version.
After putting the SD card into the controller is shows that it's being lownloaded by glowing Blue dimly. They say this shows that the software is being installed.
At this point they say it is 'supposed' to shutdown and restart. It doesNOT. It goes directly into record mode. When I pull the SD card to and put it into the computer, it shows the older software version has been reinstalled. They have sent and re-sent the latest version several time, so they say.

The camera operates fine, turns on/off and records timed segments and with the correct time and date. The WiFi and APP doesn't work.

Purchased through Pier 28 through Amazon.

if you're having trouble updating for whatever reason perhaps best to send it to them and ask them to do that for you, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, be a whole lot less frustrating than emailing back and forth

Send it back to China? I don't think that will happen.
Amazon refuses to accept it back. I purchased this in late July of this year (2015) Before I got it installed, I was on a motorcycle trip in early August in which I totalled my motorcycle. I spent the next two months recuperating. On November 1st, I was setting the camera up before installing on my new bike by using a spare battery.
When I couldn't get the WiFi and APP working I contacted the company for help.
So far, 32 emails later, it still doesn't work. Because of all the time that has passed since my purchase, I cannot return it even though it has never been installed.
Larry

Pier28 is in Nevada USA, unless i have missed out big time.
Dont get Jon dont reply on mails, from what i seen his level of service is normally top noch.

I have the version 1, I believe.
Don't think it makes any different in the operation but the cable clamps on the camera and controller weren't included.
I think I am emailing back and forth with Pier 28.

I have the version 1, I believe.
Don't think it makes any different in the operation but the cable clamps on the camera and controller weren't included.
I think I am emailing back and forth with Pier 28.

I may NOT be conversing with Pier 28.
These 34 emails started with the website http://www.bullethd.us/

Yeah that's the manufacturer, normally that would be a good thing but it easy for things to get lost in translation, I've tagged @Pier28 already for follow up, I'm sure Jon will get in touch and work things out for you in next to no time

Thank You joklin, I appreciate any help.
I've heard lot of good things with this camera. I'm anxious to get it working and on my new-to-me bike.

Back