BulletHD Setup question

Thanks Jokiin. Pier28 doesn't owe me a thing but any help would be most appreciated. I've looked at most of the forum responses. What sort of information could I provide for him to help diagnose my issue identify the production unit.
Kind regards

Open the settngs.txt file and for the line marked as DEFAULT change the value from 0 to 1
save the file
insert back into the main alien head unit, power up and test again.

If you still have troubles it's either the front camera or cable that has an intermittent wire/solder connection issue. There is no send/receive error correction on these so the connection needs to be solid.

Thanks very much. I'll give that a try and go for a ride tomoz. Regards

Just to help me understand. What will changing it back to default settings achieve?

The ongoing data corruption from faulty cables or power fluctuations can put the CPU into a state of flux that can set potentially set wrong flags and code conditions that screw things up. When you perform the factory reset it will flush out all the weirdness and digital muck built up over time.

I had the same problem with the camera stopped recording... pictures good before it stopped... I played around with the settings but the thing that worked with me is this... I am using the 32gb sd card that came with the unit and formatted it using SDFORMATTER to FAT32... Then I put the latest flash update on the sd card and placed the sd card in the reader that looks like a martian head... When you turn the unit on,,, give it time to load the sw and ride... I took my scoot out for about an hour ride and when I got home,,, I had 5 film clips... I tested them each and all seemed to record OK... I have put the sw back on the sd card after removing the film clips...
I feel there is a software bug in the file close routine but will leave that up to the sw team in China...
I have run several times loading the sw each time(you should only have to load it once and done) I have formatted the sd card and it works fine... Hope that helps...

Jon -- Is the factory reset a reload of the firmware???

No, a reload of the firmware only happens when you put the bin file on the card. Reflash ing the firmware is a good idea though as well even if you already have the latest. Performing the factory default via settings.txt file is still a must afterwards though.

Dear Friends. Didn't have any luck on the weekend. I thought I'd nailed it with doing a big cleanup and reinstall of software and correct clamps. Used SD card formatter. However, after a ride, usual run of corrupted files and camera not turning off properly and or recording.
I've been bench testing the camera on the bike yesterday and this afternoon using an external power supply. So far, after 3 hours of running and turning on and off, the unit is still charging working and recording. Makes me think that as long as the camera / unit / cable and power supply are not being jarred, it will continue to work and do what its supposed to.
The Australian agents have thankfully been in contact today via EBay and are going to send me a replacement hdmi cable to start with. They think it could be damaged. I'll keep in touch. Regards

Folks, I'm bringing the problems back to this thread instead of the great review thread. I reckon most of you are on the money by considering the power supply and intermittent bike 12v could be the problem. We've talked about separate battery backups, switches, relays and in line power filters. I've noticed my bike starts up the moment I throw the ignitions switch and that's before I hit the starter. I wonder if a simple mod to the firmware which builds in a delay of say 2 to 5 seconds (a long time) between USB power on / off and that of the recorder. The unit itself has a battery and if it required a 5 second break in power to turn on / off, we might be able to overcome those minor power spikes and glitches before the camera goes into melt down phase. BTW, been riding all weekend, had intermittent success and failure but what I wasn't expecting was the G sensor to switch back on. Most of the card was filled with EveXXX files. Glad a decided to have a look. Could have been something I did. Footage fantastic though. What do you think about this potential fix?

it would be possibly to add a startup delay in firmware, up to the developer to implement that though obviously, not sure where they are at with firmware development

Thanks Jokiin. I hope not gathering dust on the too hard shelf :( Could be something to try

not sure what sort of resources and follow up they have, it's only a product I know because @Pier28 does it, have no insight into the inner working of Bullet and how they operate

ihwcxeu.png

That'd be great Pier28. You're my only hope at the moment. 20 days after I was promised a cable by the Aussie distributor - Nothing.

That'd be great Pier28. You're my only hope at the moment. 20 days after I was promised a cable by the Aussie distributor - Nothing.

Dear folks. Still waiting for the video cable from the OZ seller. He promised my wife yesterday he'd check whether it was posted? Anyway, an update for you folk trying to unravel the mysteries of the camera.
Tonight 28/4, swapped the USB from outlet 2 to 1. Cable tied it into the housing tightly. Did seem loose with the silicone O ring without the cable ties. Turned power supply upside down so could see the red power light. Then powered on and off numerous times through accessories and ignition, (without starting) turned indicators and high beams on and off. This had no effect whatsoever on the recorder. It just kept recording. I may have been on the wrong track about minor power supply imperfections. I was able to swap from ignition hot, to accessories with up to a 3 second delay. I timed the camera to turn off at about 5 seconds after power off.
Just for giggles, put an inline mobile phone powerpack into the mix. Still supplied the camera OK with power but no luck turning it off and on with the ignition. Not going to persist at the moment.
Now to give it another test ride on the weekend. Will update later. Thanks for interest and support. Cheers

Back