Bus crashes into home

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
This morning a Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) crashed into a home.

In Toronto, our transit system, we will go INTO your home to drop you off :joyful:

Wauuuu now that's a wake up call.
Was the bus stolen or something ( me thinking of British kids that stole a bus for a joyride and filmed it on phones and published it )

Was the bus stolen or something ( me thinking of British kids that stole a bus for a joyride and filmed it on phones and published it )

Could that have been the last "Young Ones" episode? :ROFLMAO:"Whew, that was close!" I could always identify with Vyvyn back then :cool:
Lots of bus crashes on YT, mostly from Russia but we get our share here too :(

Phil

Hehe yeah Young Ones was good TV at the time, good old 80ties.

Bus wasn't stolen, had no passengers. She had difficulty negotiating a turn. Driver is suspended with pay as an investigation is taking place. Yesterday, I thought I read somewhere it was an accident with another car, but today, I am reading it was a problem with a turn. They are also checking for mechanical failure.

https://canoe.com/news/local-news/t...ough/wcm/a6849baf-9549-4718-a86a-d76232e40d51

They just launched a investigation here over a roundabout near the town of Viborg, where it seem trucks keep tipping over.
VaeltetLastbil20082015_0.jpg

I cant see why, i have been thru that roundabout many times and i cant see anything wrong with it, its large and 2 lanes so IMO only a bad load or poor driving will make you spill your load there.

Driver of the bus has been charged. What is interesting, and perhaps can be seen in the video:
"Police previously said that there was no indication that the driver tried to brake or steer the bus out of the way of the homes."

Usually public transit busses have multiple cameras: view of driver, rear, front, inside front facing, inside rear facing and maybe one at each exit. Did the driver fall asleep, the video of the driver would show it...

Canada.

truck-flips-onto-house-canada-wp.jpg

Usually public transit busses have multiple cameras: view of driver, rear, front, inside front facing, inside rear facing and maybe one at each exit. Did the driver fall asleep, the video of the driver would show it...

It isn't clear to me if there internal camera's in Toronto Transit Commission (ttc) vehicles. Though apparently, as of January 28 of last year, they have have installed external cameras on all Vehicles
camsBus.jpg

There have been a few incidents where they have video inside of the passengers

I am thinking the TTC does NOT have cameras facing drivers
  1. However, I can't find any footage or clips of videos where the camera faces the driver.
  2. I can't find any thing on TTC's website
  3. Every few months, a passenger catches a TTC driver engaged in distracted driving
  4. The Union is really powerful.

Back