business cards with site logo and info.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
niko and JazJon were talking about making up some business cards to carry to CES. This got me thinking. How would you feel DashCamMan if members did carry something like a few business cards in our wallet. I was maybe even thinking about putting some in the windowsill of my Camaro that people could take when they come up to look at my car at car shows. Businesses do it all the time an after market shop brings a car to a show and sticks cards under the windowsills with contact information to drum up business.

I was playing around with a few rough ideas with the site logo and a few lines of words at cafepress, but i couldn't seem to nail it like i hoped.

Any thoughts on this. Rather members not do something like this? Anyone have any cards already designed. If you wouldn't mind I could just use something pre-made by another member with better art skills then me and order a few.

I think cafepress charges like 20 cents a card plus whatever shipping is. I was going to maybe order 15 and see how it goes. 5 on each window and a few on my dash or in my wallet to get an idea. I could always order a few more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that's kind of what i was trying to go for throw some cameras on there and some urls.
Thanks

No problem, it's indirectly my line of business :)
Notice the background is showing driving on the RIGHT side of the road!
Here's one for the CES floor for JazJon...

Attachments

• Dashcamtalk2.jpg
    Dashcamtalk2.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
No problem, it's indirectly my line of business :)
Notice the background is showing driving on the RIGHT side of the road!
I seen that. It's a nice touch. I meant to mention it, but it slipped my mind. I'm sure it would throw some people who picked the cards up off so thanks for doing it that way.

Here's one for the CES floor for JazJon...
I hate to double post, but that is actually bad ass. I'd love to have something like that with my Camaro the two Vico Cameras my information like JazJon's is posted and the DashCamTalk Logo. Might have to find some pictures of my Camaro and work a little magic.

It looks something like the QSL card a ham radio op would hand out. Really cool.
Quick example off Google
29mstuf.jpg

I hate to double post, but that is actually bad ass. I'd love to have something like that with my Camaro the two Vico Cameras my information like JazJon's is posted and the DashCamTalk Logo. Might have to find some pictures of my Camaro and work a little magic.

PM me for an email address if you are inclined and I can supply you with a press ready high resolution PDF if you'd like. You can take it anywhere and have it printed professionally. Only issue would be the Dashcamtalk logo, would have to find something higher resolution that what's on the website.

Hey guys...I like the idea. I have no problem with it and think anything that gets more people interested in dash cams is great.
I'm glad you are okay with it DashCamMan.

Since you have given the go I ordered a few card using the image Gurkha9 posted through cafepress just to get a general idea of how they would look printed up and test the water with the idea. They have some kind of %30 flash sale right now so i bought a few cards for almost nothing and free shipping.

Would you happen to have any higher resolution logos laying around DashCamMan?

PM me for an email address if you are inclined and I can supply you with a press ready high resolution PDF if you'd like. You can take it anywhere and have it printed professionally. Only issue would be the Dashcamtalk logo, would have to find something higher resolution that what's on the website.
That's really kind of you Gurkha9. I might have to bring the Camaro out to snap a few high quality pictures for you. I'll PM you with a few details an an email.

If we lived in Russia i could totally see this take off like the QSL Ham Cards. See a DashCam in someones car. Leave a little DashCamTalk member card under the windscreen wiper.

The logo is quite simple. It is just in Arial font with the Talk in Orange (R255, G128, B0) . I have attached the PNG I created, but I don't think it is any different than what is up on the site.
DashCamTalkLogo.png

Yeah I'll just re-create it, thanks for the RGB recipe will convert to closest CMYK for printing :)

The cards I ordered on CafePress are currently in production. Site says they will be here next week. When i get them will post pictures.

:EDIT: Even though it is Sunday I got email saying that they shipped

Last edited:
The cards I ordered using the design that Gurkha9 was kind enough to provide just came in today. I have 30 of them on hand going to stick a few in my wallet and keep handy. Might start by putting them on other camaros and nice cars I come across in car parks

uploadfromtaptalk1389818543030.jpguploadfromtaptalk1389818557647.jpg

After a small issue that CafePress was kind enough to resolve super fast I now have in hand some of my personal what I am going to coin as DCD or Dash Cam Driver cards. I keep about 10 or so of the earlier posted cards in my wallet, but with the weather being so horrible in my area there are not really any nice cars out and it is a bit of a hassle to get around in all the snow, but as summer sets in a few months and it is easier to get out and around you can bet a few will be showing up.

A huge thanks again goes out to Gurkha9 who was kind enough to take my ideas and help make them a reality.

There is a Car Part swap meet coming up the first of March, but it is a bit of a haul. It's not the same one that I had gone to last year, but if i do go and someone with DashCams is there I will defiantly leave a card.
(bulls-i Vehicle Drive Recorders had a booth at a closer swap meet back in August of last year)

29mup1c.jpg

3160qo0.jpg

They look better in person because I see i had gotten Gloss finished ones witch are reflecting light when I try to take a picture and making them not look as good as they do in person.

Not to be critical or anything but the cutting on those cards leaves a bit to desired. :)
Ragged edges like that wouldn't pass where I work, but one stop do-it-all printers work differently I suppose.
Glad it worked out for you and you are satisfied with the overall look.

Not to be critical or anything but the cutting on those cards leaves a bit to desired. :)
Ragged edges like that wouldn't pass where I work, but one stop do-it-all printers work differently I suppose.
Glad it worked out for you and you are satisfied with the overall look.
I actually ordered them around Jan 16th and they got lost in the mail so this is a second shipment mine other set looks a little nicer. I think they rushed this set because it was a replacement.

Back