Busted Caps on A119S V2

I would take the risk and change the capacitors, if you are friends with a soldering iron.
You do not lose anything, you always have time to send to Viofo, the DVR has already been disassembled, it remains to order capacitors.

Last edited:
Oh, sorry. No, no lights whatsoever when connected to a power source.
I had the same problem with my A119. and @gse I did change the capacitors a couple of times even my A119 showed no signs of life. it didn't help. then I asked @viofo for a PCB replacement, after 3 weeks of waiting time received and replaced it. now my A119 works.
send a PM to @viofo and ask for a PCB replacement.

I would take the risk and change the capacitors, if you are friends with a soldering iron.
You do not lose anything, you always have time to send to Viofo, the DVR has already been disassembled, it remains to order capacitors.

Also try reloading both the loader and firmware, possibly they have been corrupted by incorrect shutdown, and that is the reason for no LEDs.

A quick update:
After asking VIOFO support whether they can ship the PCB alone, they answered that they'd rather not since they're not sure that the PCB is the only component that would need replacement.
Also, after you guys helped me realize that the problem might be more than just faulty capacitors since the camera shows no signs of life whatsoever when connected to a power source, I've decided to ship it back to VIOFO who in return offered to send me a replacement as soon as I ship my faulty one to them. Thus, there's no need for me to wait such a long time for a turnaround of the camera.

All in all, I have to say that I'm quite pleased with VIOFO's support as of now.

Back