Button-press for File protection...?

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
On other models of G1w (I know they're not often viofo versions) you can protect a file from overwrite by pressing the Menu button on the top. This feature is missing from the G1w-s but it's a feature I'd prefer to have, as opposed to slapping the camera to trigger the G-sensor!

Will it be possible to add this feature in a future firmware update?

This is already supported in new firmware, we will release soon on our official site.

Fantastic :D

Thanks

VIOFO, when will that new firmware be released? Will it also give the option to change to MPH for GPS?

I had a dream last night that the new firmware was ready for my cam, imagine my disappointment when I woke up and it wasn't!!

Viofo's Romanian site has a newer version than what came with my recently-bought cam (G1WS_V1.1_0119 vs G1WS_V1.0_1228). It works fine, but I'm not sure what the differences are, if any.

The link on their site isn't "clickable" for me unfortunately. New improvements are apparently as my title suggests, and possibly gps speed showing mph instead of just kph?

The link on their site isn't "clickable" for me unfortunately. New improvements are apparently as my title suggests, and possibly gps speed showing mph instead of just kph?
Link works fine for me. I uploaded the file here if you feel like checking it out.

Managed it, had browser issues :D

@viofo is the Romanian version legitimate and safe?

that is different model, different chipset to this one
Oh yea thanks bro! ...I think it does not matter ;)! That is a common problem... The main thing is an idea!

Last edited:
This is already supported in new firmware, we will release soon on our official site.
Any idea when? The hardware is great but the firmware is lacking some pretty basic features right now.

Any word on when this firmware update will be available? Really wanna be able to button-press for file protection, not to mention GPS speed in MPH

Any word on when this firmware update will be available? Really wanna be able to button-press for file protection, not to mention GPS speed in MPH

holiday in China at the moment, no doubt they'll be working on it when they get back to work in the next few days

YAY :D

Will get it updated tomorrow (because I'm too lazy to do it today)

dashcam DPR i think weve spoken on you tube lol, have you updated your g1w-s , ive no idea how to do it and i do need to sort out the M save issue, any advice would be very appreciated, thanks
Dannydashcam

Back