Button-press for File protection...?

I never had issues with date and time settings even from day one. They'd said earlier in this thread that MPH hadn't been sorted out with this firmware and that it'll possibly come later.
yes mine never wanted to go to DD/MM/YY although the function was there to put it to that, it never would. mine must be faulty anyway as once my 64gb card starts to re write if I don't turn it of an on, it will not record volume. so that what I have to keep doing each day,

Hi guys. I've 're wired my camera setup ( front g1ws rear g1wc) to permanent power on a switch to manually shut down because a child.was on his bike and knocked off and car drove away. If camera was powered up it would have had the footage so I've altered it.
Just a update on the g1ws. After a couple of days I've found the audio on the g1ws goes weird or off completely unless I power it down and back on again. The g1wc seem to be fine on long term recording. Just thought I'd share the info in case you guys consider this setup

The audio, is that happening when the cam is always on... long enough to max out the card and start overwriting old files?

keep in mind that the G1W-S is a completely new and different dashcam, and has only been called a "G1W-s" because it shares it's physical appearance of the "G1W" and is technically not from the same family (viofo's clever idea to piggyback the "G1W" success/popularity), which is why the G1W-C doesn't suffer from the audio fault

The audio, is that happening when the cam is always on... long enough to max out the card and start overwriting old files?

keep in mind that the G1W-S is a completely new and different dashcam, and has only been called a "G1W-s" because it shares it's physical appearance of the "G1W" and is technically not from the same family (viofo's clever idea to piggyback the "G1W" success/popularity), which is why the G1W-C doesn't suffer from the audio fault

Yes possibly once it loops over. I've not checked properly though yet but the video is completely ok it's just audio

@Russelluk has that issue, his cam is constantly powered, there's a thread on it i'm sure

It's no big issue as I've fitted a switch on the dash. I'll 're boot once daily. I just wanted to share the info as I'd hate for someone to have a incident and think audio would there when it may not. As soon as I 're boot camera it is perfect again. I'll look for the thread when I get chance

I'm hardwired to a switched live because I'd most likely end up running my battery flat :D it does however free up my cig lighter for my spare Mivue to be stuck up in the window if I'm ever parked up for an hour or so

I'm hardwired to a switched live because I'd most likely end up running my battery flat :D it does however free up my cig lighter for my spare Mivue to be stuck up in the window if I'm ever parked up for an hour or so

I saw the link. Thanks I've responded.
I know a girl who uses front and rear g1w cams went on holiday and when she returned her car started without issue. They must not draw much power if your battery is good.

battery was new last year but I'm not the luckiest person where cars are concerned!

battery was new last year but I'm not the luckiest person where cars are concerned!

Haha mine blew a cell or 2 not long out of warranty . That was fun jump starting it and driving it ( electric power steering) to the local battery shop who unfortunatley didnt have my.size battery but by chance had the much more expensive next size up ..... I was over a barrel so had to buy it. It was near in drivable.
If you for it last year I'd hope you get at least 5 yrs from it

mine went at the petrol station... where ya can't jump start!! it was almost 12 years old and I think the original battery, the newer one is a Varta and bigger than the old one so hopefully it'll outlast the car!

Thanks for this. Any idea when we can change KPH to MPH, or hopefully remove that from the video altogether? This cam has been sold in the US and UK for a while so the absence of this basic function seems strange.

If you want it removed from the video just don't connect GPS :D I don't like that my A118c doesn't show speed on standard video playback unless I use Datakam/RV, I thought that was the whole idea behind having an added GPS receiver connected. I would prefer MPH though

Maybe @viofo facebook page has more info.... which is good if you're on facebook... which I'm not!

If you want it removed from the video just don't connect GPS :D I don't like that my A118c doesn't show speed on standard video playback unless I use Datakam/RV, I thought that was the whole idea behind having an added GPS receiver connected. I would prefer MPH though

Maybe @viofo facebook page has more info.... which is good if you're on facebook... which I'm not!

I only got the GPS receiver so that I could get the correct time, as the capacitor manages to keep it going for only a couple of days of not driving.

Just asked about the firmware update on the VIOFO facebook page. I was told there probably won't be any more firmware updates for the g1w-s. Seems a little early to be abandoning the cam.

Just asked about the firmware update on the VIOFO facebook page. I was told there probably won't be any more firmware updates for the g1w-s. Seems a little early to be abandoning the cam.
I got a Viofo because of their supposed great support and continual updates. Since then, I've messaged them a few times and they've strung me along. This cam came out just this year. Pathetic.

is there some unresolved bug or are you looking for added features?

is there some unresolved bug or are you looking for added features?
I have the cam as a rear dashcam and so far it works great. Would rather be able to show speed in mph rather than kmph. Nothing vital but would be nice

does it embed the speed in the video?
Yes it does show the speed. Easy enough to disconnect the gps module if I don't want km/h showing. A bit pointless having gps though if it isnt used for the speed. It doesnt seem to work with dashcam viewer software either

Back